Has Nayeon Become TWICE's Main Vocal?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Recently I've been noticing that Nayeon has been treated much more like a Main Vocalist than a Lead, and even more so over Jihyo (Twice's actual Main Vocalist).
*This is no hate to Nayeon or any other people mentioned, just observations*

Nayeon has always had a large presence in Twice songs. As the center she spends a lot of time in the spotlight, and she often starts their songs for that reason.
Producers also noted that her vocal color fits Twice's concept the best, therefore she gets more lines.
She often gets Main Vocal esque lines such as chorus parts.
She was always leaning more towards Main than Lead Vocal, even since debut. I mean look at Jeongyeon, Twice's other Lead Vocal. She probably gets a quarter as much attention as Nayeon.
What made me really start to think that Nayeon was gradually taking on the title were their more recent comebacks.
Usually Twice songs follow a formula:

Nayeon starts
some verses by the sub/lead vocal members
1st chorus with Nayeon and Jihyo
either rap verses or more vocal ones
2nd chorus with nayeon and jihyo
bridge that typically features a jihyo highnote
3rd chorus with jeongyeon and jihyo

Recently it hasn't been like this. For example in "I Can't Stop Me":
-Nayeon sang the more difficult part during the 1st chorus
-Sang Jihyo's previous part in the 2nd
-Resang her first part in the 3rd chorus
In this song Nayeon pretty much switched structurally wise with Jihyo (besides the beginning line)

Nayeon has also been given a lot more high notes and adlibs as of late. These usually went to Jihyo.

The line distribution has also changed drastically:
1603824171-image.png

I think considering their more recent releases, Nayeon could be considered the 2nd Main Vocal of TWICE. Although I believe she would be better suited with her Lead Vocal position, there is not much I can do to change the situation. I also wish Jeongyeon would get similar treatment, as she is also a Lead Vocal.
I also wish I could hear more of Jihyo's husky voice and darker high notes. And hearing all of the neglected members as well would be fantastic.

What do you think?

Jichu4

Kpop Expert
Credits
Winwin
Ningning
Shownu
Mia
This is something I already knew..
I wish the same thing, For Jeongyeon to get more lines & Nayeon (Not being rude) looks more baised when it comes to lines.
I get she suits it, But Jihyo is the real Main Vocal.
The same goes to Blackpink:
Jisoo & Jennie are Both Lead Vocalist
Jennie gets more lines & Sadly Jisoo doesnt..
Jeongyeon & Nayeon are both Lead Vocalist but Nayeon gets more than Jeongyeon.

I just hope both Jeongyeon & Jisoo can get more lines & shwo their Vocal skills as if why they're the Lead Vocals of their Group..

babyz

𝑟𝑒𝑛 ⚖️
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Matoki
Should I say something without getting cancelled?
I absolutely love Jihyo vocals & she's the number 1. main vocal forever, but is it so bad for a 9 member group to have 2 main vocals? SNSD also had 2 main vocals (Taeyeon & Jessica) when they were 9 members. I'm not saying I want this to happen or this should happen, just wondering.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
I love both Jihyo's and Nayeon's voices. So I would like if they received equal lines in songs. Since Nayeon is one of the lead vocalists, I feel bad for Jeongyeon too. At the same time, since their vocals are in high standards, that isn't a big prob when it comes to Nayeon's vocals. My opinion is not straightforward, but I agree with what both Renee and Tara said.