**Forum Rule Update and Reminder**

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

๐ŸงšIแ‘Žแ—ฉแ‘•TIแฏE๐Ÿงš
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Before I get into the content of this post I would like all of you to understand the following:
-This post is not targeted towards any specific person
-The rule that I am reminding you of is one that many people have broken
Also T/W because this will contain discussion about ******* and other mental health based topics.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Some of you may not be aware, but there is a rule on the forums surrounding suicidal content.
The rule states that you cannot post anything implying that you want to kill yourself, you have plans to do so, you are thinking about it, or you are currently in the process of committing *******.
Originally we stated that suicidal content can be posted in the Mental Health Thread, but we are retracting this statement.
You are no longer allowed to post suicidal content in any public area of the forums.
This includes in:
-Messages in public threads
-Profile Posts
-About Me Pages
-Signatures
-Locations
-Titles

You can only discuss these topics over private message with a willing user.
However, do not post this in group chats where other users do not consent to seeing this content.

If it is posted anywhere else your post will be deleted.
Also, don't try to get around this rule by posting this content in other languages or using special characters.

If you continually post suicidal content then you will receive a warning. If you continue to do this after getting a warning, you are at risk for getting banned.

You may think that we are being harsh. After all, most of the people posting these things are struggling.
Of course we want to help, and for you to feel free to release your thoughts. But there is a line.
So here are some reasons why we do not allow the posting of this content in other areas:
-It can trigger those who are also dealing with mental health issues or having similar thoughts.
-This triggering can make them commit similar actions.
-It influences those who are not mentally struggling to think that killing themselves is a good option when having difficulties in life.
-It causes other users to worry excessively, impacting their mental health.
-It makes users feel obligated to help you, and thus cause them stress as well.
I hope you can understand why we have set this rule in place based on these reasons.

Lastly, I do not want to see any kind of apologies in the comments if you are someone who has violated this rule.
Most of you learned what you did was breaking a rule when you posted the content.
Most of you have been respectful of the rule, which we are very grateful for.
Therefore, most of you have no need to apologize.

Remember, this is a forum where people come to have fun talking about Asian based entertainment, not give and seek mental health treatment.
So, in the future, please abide by this forum rule.
If you see another user breaking this rule please notify a moderator of report their post.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or if you are offended by my words.
But this rule ensures the safety of many users and encourages those struggling to seek legitimate help.
Thank you for reading and stay safe.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Last edited:

๐ŸŽ€โ™กRYUโ™ก๐ŸŽ€

โ™ก๐Ÿ’ญ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐™ฟ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐šŽ๐Ÿ’ญโ™ก
Staff member
Personally, I donโ€™t think it should be posted in the Mental Health thread, because that could also be influencing others, especially when it is posted a lot. I think suicidal talk and the sorts should be kept to DMs and DMs only, with someone that the person who is making the threats or talking about it, trusts.

I donโ€™t know about you or the rest of the mods, but constantly seeing users saying they want to kill themselves and/or planning on hurting themselves openly in the mental health thread for example, is not helping MY own mental health and is actually triggering it a lot more recently.

This is just my opinion on it, and I tried to word it in a way where I didnโ€™t sound rude but this has been bothering me for the last couple of days so I needed to get it off my chest.

escapism

๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ค ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ ๐Ÿค
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
โœง Captain Price โœง
Death Note
Personally, I donโ€™t think it should be posted in the Mental Health thread, because that could also be influencing others, especially when it is posted a lot. I think suicidal talk and the sorts should be kept to DMs and DMs only, with someone that the person who is making the threats or talking about it, trusts.

I donโ€™t know about you or the rest of the mods, but constantly seeing users saying they want to kill themselves and/or planning on hurting themselves openly in the mental health thread for example, is not helping MY own mental health and is actually triggering it a lot more recently.

This is just my opinion on it, and I tried to word it in a way where I didnโ€™t sound rude but this has been bothering me for the last couple of days so I needed to get it off my chest.
I agree, let's limit it only to private conversations excluding profile posts as well since they're public and anyone can see them.

๐ŸŽ€โ™กRYUโ™ก๐ŸŽ€

โ™ก๐Ÿ’ญ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐™ฟ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐šŽ๐Ÿ’ญโ™ก
Staff member
should we message an admin about doing this?
If I remember correctly, I believe Key said that talk like this should only be done in PMs...I could be wrong though, I will have to go back and find the messages to double check.

LostInTheDream

๐ŸงšIแ‘Žแ—ฉแ‘•TIแฏE๐Ÿงš
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
If I remember correctly, I believe Key said that talk like this should only be done in PMs...I could be wrong though, I will have to go back and find the messages to double check.
That's what it says in TOS rules so I'm gonna update the threads!

LostInTheDream

๐ŸงšIแ‘Žแ—ฉแ‘•TIแฏE๐Ÿงš
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Before I get into the content of this post I would like all of you to understand the following:
-This post is not targeted towards any specific person
-The rule that I am reminding you of is one that many people have broken
Also T/W because this will contain discussion about ******* and other mental health based topics.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Some of you may not be aware, but there is a rule on the forums surrounding suicidal content.
The rule states that you cannot post anything implying that you want to kill yourself, you have plans to do so, you are thinking about it, or you are currently in the process of committing *******.
Originally we stated that suicidal content can be posted in the Mental Health Thread, but we are retracting this statement.
You are no longer allowed to post suicidal content in any public area of the forums.
You can only discuss these topics over private message with a willing user.
If it is posted anywhere else your post will be deleted.
If you continually post suicidal content then you will receive a warning. If you continue to do this after getting a warning, you are at risk for getting banned.

You may think that we are being harsh. After all, most of the people posting these things are struggling.
Of course we want to help, and for you to feel free to release your thoughts. But there is a line.
So here are some reasons why we do not allow the posting of this content in other areas:
-It can trigger those who are also dealing with mental health issues or having similar thoughts.
-This triggering can make them commit similar actions.
-It influences those who are not mentally struggling to think that killing themselves is a good option when having difficulties in life.
-It causes other users to worry excessively, impacting their mental health.
-It makes users feel obligated to help you, and thus cause them stress as well.
I hope you can understand why we have set this rule in place based on these reasons.

Lastly, I do not want to see any kind of apologies in the comments if you are someone who has violated this rule.
Most of you learned what you did was breaking a rule when you posted the content.
Most of you have been respectful of the rule, which we are very grateful for.
Therefore, most of you have no need to apologize.

Remember, this is a forum where people come to have fun talking about Asian based entertainment, not give and seek mental health treatment.
So, in the future, please abide by this forum rule.
If you see another user breaking this rule please notify a moderator of report their post.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or if you are offended by my words.
But this rule ensures the safety of many users and encourages those struggling to seek legitimate help.
Thank you for reading and stay safe.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
I am now amending this to also include suicidal content that is posted in another language or using special characters.
Also any suicidal content posted in profiles, as locations, titles, or in signatures.