Do you think people would like Super M?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
B

blink

{ Note: This is not meant as a hate thread }

Especially Western people since Super M is aimed towards the western market?

As I live in America, I personally feel like some of us see Kpop as a joke. Not everyone is going to pay attention to it. And we'll most likely bash it, people are not used to seeing guys dancing on stage wearing layers of makeup while having a 'soft' persona. Although their fans would most probably like it, since the group consists of various members from different groups.

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
i think people who already like kpop will like superm just fine. i've heard some exo-ls and some nctzens aren't especially happy (havent heard much from shawols) but no doubt they'll buy the albums and support their faves just the same.

as for the american public...definitely hard to say. you bring up good points. i think its likely that there will be media outlets that won't take them seriously since they're a boy band, particularly a boy band of asian foreigners. they will almost definitely garner comparisons with bts, and like bts i suspect the focus will be more on the fans than the group. its always seemed to me that boy bands (and girl groups) in general tend to be viewed with some amount of derision by the general public.

i think its definitely gonna depend on how sm decides to market them. american tastes are different from korean tastes. we'll have to wait and see. but as far as financially, i think superm will do just fine.

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
I agree with both opinions, I just want to add that people will probably make fun of the name Superm, like they already do and sperm haven't debuted yet

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
I agree with both opinions, I just want to add that people will probably make fun of the name Superm, like they already do and sperm haven't debuted yet
the self control and awareness i had to exert to not accidentally write sperm in my post was unreal... on twitter i see them called sperm EXCLUSIVELY along with a slew of related jokes, but i think that's pretty normal. i remember with itzy started releasing debut teasers and people on twitter were clowning their name too.

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
the self control and awareness i had to exert to not accidentally write sperm in my post was unreal... on twitter i see them called sperm EXCLUSIVELY along with a slew of related jokes, but i think that's pretty normal. i remember with itzy started releasing debut teasers and people on twitter were clowning their name too.
I think that ITZY's name is meant to be like that, while sperm's wasn't really thought of 👀

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
I don't know about other people, but I'm gonna like it 😄

Louise

Kpop Fan
Credits
Yena
Hendery
Yuri
Maybe some won't like the idea at first but maybe they will have a change of heart and like them in the end😁 And also I like them already😁😁

B

blink

I hadn’t even thought about the name looking like sperm lol. And I don’t think they’ll do amazing in America and stuff bc most kpop groups aren’t taken seriously. The majority of people I know think it’s like gay or something
Yeah, and we know how their name will be clowned lmao.
as for the american public...definitely hard to say. you bring up good points. i think its likely that there will be media outlets that won't take them seriously since they're a boy band, particularly a boy band of asian foreigners. they will almost definitely garner comparisons with bts, and like bts i suspect the focus will be more on the fans than the group. its always seemed to me that boy bands (and girl groups) in general tend to be viewed with some amount of derision by the general public.

i think its definitely gonna depend on how sm decides to market them. american tastes are different from korean tastes. we'll have to wait and see. but as far as financially, i think superm will do just fine.
Well, kind of. Kpop is legit inspired by Western/American music. So I can't really say they have different tastes.

L

Love_alize071313

I like the idea of it HOWEVER SM is overworking my WAYV bois Ten and Lucas.

I also don't think that western people would like them because a HEAVY amount of people i know don't like kpop and speak terrible things abt it and they might get racial criticism (asian, cultural appropriation etc.) from kneitz and westies

B

blink

I also don't think that western people would like them because a HEAVY amount of people i know don't like kpop and speak terrible things abt it and they might get racial criticism (asian, cultural appropriation etc.) from kneitz and westies
They are also overworking Taeyong, I forgot, is Mark is SuperM too?

True though, the only people that'll support them would be their fans or people looking for clout.

L

Love_alize071313

True though, the only people that'll support them would be their fans or people looking for clout.
yeah i forgot abt them too

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo

Mark and TY are gonna have their 5th debuts, like 🤡
But it's always like that - only supporters are fans and clout seekers.
I just hope that they won't get as much hate as Superm gets rn

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
I'm not sure whether Mark can handle this... I mean he has the vibe of an Idol and talented and all but he has his limits. Can a human being be this busy? Idols hardly manage activities in one group, but how can Mark deal activities of all these groups??? Hope he will be alright...

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho

thats true. i think a lot of People say that they are kpop fan but i reallity the are BTS or BP fans. it's okey to be an bts fan but you cant say then that you are a kpop fan.

B

blink

I'm not sure whether Mark can handle this... I mean he has the vibe of an Idol and talented and all but he has his limits. Can a human being be this busy? Idols hardly manage activities in one group, but how can Mark deal activities of all these groups??? Hope he will be alright...
I was overworked when he was in dream. I think he also had to deal with a bunch of tests and stuff. SM needs to give spotlight to other members since they are receiving none of it.