Do you think it’s rude when someone just stares at and doesn’t say anything while you’re talking to them?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

vic.ks05

Kpop Amateur
Credits
I would say “ never mind forget it don’t just sit there and ignore me/not say anything while I’m talking to you “ I hate it when people do that. I guess they don’t want tot get to know me. Idk. They just stand there and look at me like I’m on TV or something. I would rather just talk to someone who can just talk while I tell them something like my hobbies. How do I get them to talk while I’m telling them something?

ec.li.ps.e.138

Kpop Expert
Credits
Are you saying you want someone to talk over you or respond???

ec.li.ps.e.138

Kpop Expert
Credits
Are you leaving openings for them to respond or just talking through?

escapism

Face of The Group
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
It depends. If we're supposed to be having a conversation and it's like I'm talking to a wall I'd be annoyed and creeped out if they're just staring at me the whole time.

Joonies_Dimples

Kpop Fan
Credits
Shinwon
Jaeyoon
Alice
It depends on what you mean also have you considered that the person may be neurodivergent or have social anxiety so they find it difficult to speak to people especially if they don’t know the person

DearEagleZ

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Yeosang
Dean
Yunho
It depends on what you mean also have you considered that the person may be neurodivergent or have social anxiety so they find it difficult to speak to people especially if they don’t know the person

☝☝☝

as someone who's autistic, i'd have to agree.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
As someone with ADHD and social anxiety I space out often even if I'm interested, because my brain just checks out sometimes

Mussmellow

Kpop Fan
Credits
☆ Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. D] ☆
☆ Kep1er - WA DA DA [Ver. C] ☆
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. A] ☆
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. C] ☆
I personally think it depends. People react to things differently and find different things rude. I know people who prefer you listend to them quietly as they find "hmmm"s annoying, some people prefer you do that to show you are listening or interested. And Then on a more personal level some people prefer direct eye contact as a way of showing interest, some people may feel uncomfortable with eye contact so they are more verbal in showing interest. And as stated above there are other factors that may lead to someone just staring while you talk. So I think it depends on how the person is usually. If they are like that with everyone then I'm sure it's just how they are but if you see a significant difference then it's ok to question. Again a lot of these things are subjective

Last edited:

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
Ha I do this if I don't know how to respond but I'm a person whos better at listening compared to talking that's why