Do you think Blackpink is overrated?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
I really love Blackpink but i think they are overrated. I mean they make good musik but other Girlgroups are more talented. BP were invited to Coachella- COACHELLA. I think other Groups deserve it more. Whats your opinion?

carrotcara

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Jiwon
Vivi
Yeojin
Choerry
I think they're overrated for the amount of music they've released but obv that's not their fault

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
I don't think they're overrated - they've worked hard for what they have. I think they're overhyped tho, it's not their fault of course. I just hope that they'll be given more freedom and actual music (and good treatment for Jennie). Wish them the best ❤

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
I really love Blackpink but i think they are overrated. I mean they make good musik but other Girlgroups are more talented. BP were invited to Coachella- COACHELLA. I think other Groups deserve it more. Whats your opinion?
I kind of agree, I love them but I do agree they’re a little overrated. Not just overhyped; I just don’t think they’re as talented as some other groups.

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
I don't think they're overrated - they've worked hard for what they have. I think they're overhyped tho, it's not their fault of course. I just hope that they'll be given more freedom and actual music (and good treatment for Jennie). Wish them the best ❤
Yes that is true of Course. Im not a blink, so can you explain me the Thing with Jennie?

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
I kind of agree, I love them but I do agree they’re a little overrated. Not just overhyped; I just don’t think they’re as talented as some other groups.
Yah thats also my opinion. They only have a small amount of Songs and also not that spectular dances

Disregarded

Face of The Group
Credits
CL
Chen
Lay
Jungwoo
Yes that is true of Course. Im not a blink, so can you explain me the Thing with Jennie?
I'm not blink myself also, but in the recent months she's been acting quite strange and not feeling good. I'll link the video:

Nt1naM12

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Albedo/Kreideprinz
Beidou
Jungwoo
Lucas
Actually I agree with all of you. Let me tell you this, as a former Blink I loved BLACKPINK and I stanned them for 1 year and 2 months to be specific. The reason I left the fandom and stopped stanning BP was the latest comeback they had in April this year. It was a huuuge disappointment for me, because the music backround was awful-I'm really sorry for saying that, but that's my opinion (that goes for Blinks who read this section)-the lyrics on the other hand were good.
Also I didn't like and don't like the way they dress Lisa, she doesn't deserve that. She is tall, slim waist and legs, beautiful face....she's PERFECT! and they dress her like-I'm really sorry again Blinks-a clown. She doesn't need to wear 5+ color clothes.
My point of view is that BP is overrated, they didn't release many albums since their debut-and that's disadvantage-YG only cares for Jennie and the other members are left in the shadow-with no solo debut etc. - and now Jennie is suffering from all of that. She looks like she's starting to have anxiety disorder and that's not good for her and the group.
(I don't like saying this, but since their comeback I have a bad feeling that BP might not last long 😔)
I'm really REAEAEAEAEALLY SORRY! 😔

YvesYYXY

Kpop Fan
Credits
Yes, all groups who get big get overrated. No disrespect to them, I'm sure they work hard. They were overrated since their debut. No surprise there since YG needed 100000000 years to debut a new gg, even tho they said new gg will debut way sooner so of course people were hyped and they were ready to support no matter what.

Even if fans themselves dislike any songs they say it will get better after you listen to it 30 times.
That's a privilege that non big 3 hardly get.
Usually people will listen to song once or twice, say it's crap and maybe they won't even check out their comeback next time.

I mean yeah it's not their fault they are under YG. I'm sure every gg from YG would be overrated if they waited so long to debut a new gg and ofc there are people who stan groups even before they debut, just because they are yg stans. Like people say they already fan new smngg even though they don't know who the members are or what kind of style will this new future group have. But people are already ready to stan them, they even say "I already stan them" being from the big 3 is a privilege and a curse at the same time.

Yes girls are talented.
And yes everyone have different taste.
But there is no doubt in my mind that othe groups who promoted/released songs during the same time as BP have better songs/better voices/better discography (again I know personal taste is different when it comes to people) but some people don't even bother to check others.

I actually like the girls. YG's music was never my style so I don't really like a lot of their songs.

Another things is: you can find badass gg songs, yet people won't support them because they are from a smaller company and there we have blinks claiming that BP is the only unique gg... yet they probably haven't heard any other songs of other underrated groups. But ofc I can't blame it on kpopfans some companies decide to debut groups and they're pretty much broke & have no money for promotions. That's why so many groups are forced to do sexy concepts to gain attention, because when they were "unique" no one gave a s--- about them.

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
Yes, all groups who get big get overrated. No disrespect to them, I'm sure they work hard. They were overrated since their debut. No surprise there since YG needed 100000000 years to debut a new gg, even tho they said new gg will debut way sooner so of course people were hyped and they were ready to support no matter what.

Even if fans themselves dislike any songs they say it will get better after you listen to it 30 times.
That's a privilege that non big 3 hardly get.
Usually people will listen to song once or twice, say it's crap and maybe they won't even check out their comeback next time.

I mean yeah it's not their fault they are under YG. I'm sure every gg from YG would be overrated if they waited so long to debut a new gg and ofc there are people who stan groups even before they debut, just because they are yg stans. Like people say they already fan new smngg even though they don't know who the members are or what kind of style will this new future group have. But people are already ready to stan them, they even say "I already stan them" being from the big 3 is a privilege and a curse at the same time.

Yes girls are talented.
And yes everyone have different taste.
But there is no doubt in my mind that othe groups who promoted/released songs during the same time as BP have better songs/better voices/better discography (again I know personal taste is different when it comes to people) but some people don't even bother to check others.

I actually like the girls. YG's music was never my style so I don't really like a lot of their songs.

Another things is: you can find badass gg songs, yet people won't support them because they are from a smaller company and there we have blinks claiming that BP is the only unique gg... yet they probably haven't heard any other songs of other underrated groups. But ofc I can't blame it on kpopfans some companies decide to debut groups and they're pretty much broke & have no money for promotions. That's why so many groups are forced to do sexy concepts to gain attention, because when they were "unique" no one gave a s--- about them.
Okay, but I (respectfully) disagree with your point of all groups who get big are overrated. Because I think that BTS is just overhyped. Yes, I think there are more talented groups out there who don’t get as much recognition, but I think they have more talent than Blackpink (sorry major blinks, I still love them). I think BTS works harder than Blackpink, so I think they’re more overhyped than overrated (coming from a person who likes BTS but they’re nowhere near my top 10).

YvesYYXY

Kpop Fan
Credits
Okay, but I (respectfully) disagree with your point of all groups who get big are overrated. Because I think that BTS is just overhyped. Yes, I think there are more talented groups out there who don’t get as much recognition, but I think they have more talent than Blackpink (sorry major blinks, I still love them). I think BTS works harder than Blackpink, so I think they’re more overhyped than overrated (coming from a person who likes BTS but they’re nowhere near my top 10).

I mean sure, you can disagree.

Yes bts works harder because they come out with new music more than bp. I'm sure if bp could release more music they could but it's not up to them. But I don't really watch bp & bts live stages so I can't really say who's doing a better job.

If I'm not mistaken bp didn't really wrote any songs for their albums, bts did write songs for their albums before (idk exactly how many because I don't really pay attention to them) so yes by my standards that would be more talented as a group. I mean I'm not saying that bp doesn't know how to write songs, maybe the company just won't let them, but I can't judge their skills of writing lyrics because I have never heard any of their songs before, so I would agree on being more talented.

Some people say it's okay if idols don't write songs. And I agree with that, but when I compare 2 groups I am also curious about the members who write their own songs because even if just 1 member writes their own stuff they have more talent (in my opinion) than the group who doesn't write their own songs. It's the same when it comes to my biases, even if I love some singer's voice I'd say another singer who sings beautifly AND works on her own songs is more talented than someone who has just a beautiful voice.

XionMinho

Face of The Group
Website
mmt.fans
Credits
Bang Chan
Jaemin
Doyoung
Seungmin
I mean sure, you can disagree.

Yes bts works harder because they come out with new music more than bp. I'm sure if bp could release more music they could but it's not up to them. But I don't really watch bp & bts live stages so I can't really say who's doing a better job.

If I'm not mistaken bp didn't really wrote any songs for their albums, bts did write songs for their albums before (idk exactly how many because I don't really pay attention to them) so yes by my standards that would be more talented as a group. I mean I'm not saying that bp doesn't know how to write songs, maybe the company just won't let them, but I can't judge their skills of writing lyrics because I have never heard any of their songs before, so I would agree on being more talented.

Some people say it's okay if idols don't write songs. And I agree with that, but when I compare 2 groups I am also curious about the members who write their own songs because even if just 1 member writes their own stuff they have more talent (in my opinion) than the group who doesn't write their own songs. It's the same when it comes to my biases, even if I love some singer's voice I'd say another singer who sings beautifly AND works on her own songs is more talented than someone who has just a beautiful voice.
I totally agree with this

escapism

𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 🤍
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
yeah. i ult blackpink, but they're not as amazing as ppl make them out to be, esp w ppl overpraising lisa's dancing
I agree, it's even more annoying when their fans are overpraising them and bring down others. I view them more as overhyped instead of overrated cos the girls are obviously talented and got the looks which is a huge bonus in this industry but yeah sometimes the hype is too much..I partly blame YG aswell but I don't think it's right to use this excuse all the time for everything that goes even slightly wrong with them. Nobody's perfect..

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I think practically all groups that come out of big 3 companies will be “overrated” to an extent. Privelleges of coming from a company with lots of money and a reputation. It’s hard to measure talent and quality of music but let’s face it, the majority of the industry isn’t that different when it comes to talent and quality, and it comes more down to reputation of the company, with some groups being able to create a reputation for themselves as well (eg, EXID, GFRIEND, Mamamoo - all coming from small companies)

ImJustKpopTrash

Winter__Roses
Author
Website
imjustkpoptrash.carrd.co
Credits
Ningning
Karina
Arin
Winter
I don't think there's a question about them being overhyped, overrated maybe not so much.
With groups who have only just debuted having more cbs than them in a year, I feel that says a lot. Also Blinks generally are their own downfall by making them out to be the best things going, like yes all idols are talented but Blackpink to me don't have anything that is entirely special to make them stand out in comparison to other groups and yes, that's coming from someone who likes blackpink and loves the members. It's not their fault, it's YGs, maybe if they were given more comebacks and time to actually practice rather than being models they would have grown as idols.

Last edited:

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
Blackpink has made fire music since day one, they can dance, sing, play instruments and they have the visuals. Their MV's are entertaining and immersive. Their outfits are fire and each member has a unique background. So are they overrated idk. I think they bring everything they need to the table.

The only problem is they're VERY inconsistent.