Do you know an unpopular/underrated group or singer?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
I love to listen to underrated or unpopular singer or Groups. Can you tell me your favorite?

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
im sure i had a couple i could recommend but right now the only one i can think of is gugudan.

i keep thinking boa too but she's not really unpopular and idk about underrated....i just think she should be talked about even more lol

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
im sure i had a couple i could recommend but right now the only one i can think of is gugudan.

i keep thinking boa too but she's not really unpopular and idk about underrated....i just think she should be talked about even more lol
thanks ^-^

M

myheartizomg

Definitely too many hun

I can mention a few but I will definitely forget some:
Boy Groups: KNK, TRCNG, VAV, VICTON, Oneus, Day6, Imfact, Pentagon, Snuper, D1CE (they just debuted but still), UP10TION etc
Girl groups: Elris, Dreamcatcher, Exid, CLC, Ladies' Code, Sonamoo etc (I don't follow that many girl groups but there are way more)
Soloists: Gaho, Jenyer, Dean, Chancellor, Minzy, Suran etc (again I don't follow that many soloists, there are way more)

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Well mostly groups and singers are in the nuguland. Especially if you follow mainstream TV or radio content in my country. It's not even sure if they know BTS or Black Pink ^^
More seriously, really few groups sell more than 50k album: top 100 in gaon is at 45k for 2018, top 50 is less than 100k, 50k is the sell of an album of Mamamoo. I know we are in the digital era and streaming but that just make things worst. Many groups don't have 10 millions view on their best MV. But we daily news about some new streaming record for few songs.

I made simple calcul about gaon chart of 2018. top 100 album cumulate 19,328,835 albums, where BTS has 12 album in top 100, total 5,150,410 (26.65%), EXO has almost 12%, Wanna One 11.2%, Twice 6.66%, NCT 5.09% (including NCT127 and NCT Dream), etc. I didn't add up soloist but Infinite for example has two members in the top 100.
source: http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section...bn=&targetTime=2018&hitYear=2018&termGbn=year

So any group or soloist not present in this list is way underated ^^

peltonia

Kpop Fan
Credits
MJ
Soobin
Juhaknyeon
Choerry
my faves lately
elris: seriously amazing bubblegum pop with crazy detailed instrumentation, their debut mini is impeccable
gwsn: personal mvps for 2019, everything they put out is beautiful and thoughtfully designed even down to the album art, bsides are especially good
playback: only have like ten songs tops but i love all of them. untold story is my favorite
gugudan: a lot of groups say this but g9 can actually pull off any concept. latest eps are the best but their discography has no skips to me
9muses: rip </3 some of the most diverse and musically interesting titles in the game imo
brown eyed girls: not at all underrated in the actual industry but more ifans and 3-4gen fans should look into their group and solo work, it's immortal, especially miryo's catalogue has a lot of stuff i think newer kpop fans would vibe with a lot. and i sincerely think basic is one of the best kpop albums of all time

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
my faves lately
elris: seriously amazing bubblegum pop with crazy detailed instrumentation, their debut mini is impeccable
gwsn: personal mvps for 2019, everything they put out is beautiful and thoughtfully designed even down to the album art, bsides are especially good
playback: only have like ten songs tops but i love all of them. untold story is my favorite
gugudan: a lot of groups say this but g9 can actually pull off any concept. latest eps are the best but their discography has no skips to me
9muses: rip </3 some of the most diverse and musically interesting titles in the game imo
brown eyed girls: not at all underrated in the actual industry but more ifans and 3-4gen fans should look into their group and solo work, it's immortal, especially miryo's catalogue has a lot of stuff i think newer kpop fans would vibe with a lot. and i sincerely think basic is one of the best kpop albums of all time
ohhh thanks for this long answer (i'm always touched when ppl take so much time to answer me) i will go through everyone and give it a chance lub you 💖

nobodycares

Kpop Groupie
Credits
Kihyun
Shownu
Seonghwa
Jongho
Onlyoneof
Well mostly groups and singers are in the nuguland. Especially if you follow mainstream TV or radio content in my country. It's not even sure if they know BTS or Black Pink ^^
More seriously, really few groups sell more than 50k album: top 100 in gaon is at 45k for 2018, top 50 is less than 100k, 50k is the sell of an album of Mamamoo. I know we are in the digital era and streaming but that just make things worst. Many groups don't have 10 millions view on their best MV. But we daily news about some new streaming record for few songs.

I made simple calcul about gaon chart of 2018. top 100 album cumulate 19,328,835 albums, where BTS has 12 album in top 100, total 5,150,410 (26.65%), EXO has almost 12%, Wanna One 11.2%, Twice 6.66%, NCT 5.09% (including NCT127 and NCT Dream), etc. I didn't add up soloist but Infinite for example has two members in the top 100.
View attachment 8843
source: http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section...bn=&targetTime=2018&hitYear=2018&termGbn=year

So any group or soloist not present in this list is way underated ^^
thank you very much. and i exactly know what you mean. i personally think blackpink and also bts (even i love them) are overrated. A lot of ppl are like these armys who don't even know their names. And a lot of ppl listen to them/are fans bc of the fame they get on awards for example.
i wan't to thank you for the effort on answering