Dispatch reveals Seo Yeji is the reason Kim Junghyun was rude to his Time co-star Seohyun back in 2018

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

escapism

𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 🤍
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
Actor Kim Junghyun is currently in conflict with his management O& Entertainment because of his dating rumors with fellow actress and his Crush Landing On You's co-star Seo Jihye. This caused O& Entertainment to make a revealation about a past controversy of Kim. Back in 2018, Kim Jung Hyun had appeared at a press conference for the drama Time. He received backlash from the public after he was seen rebuffing his co-star, Girls’ Generation‘s Seohyun.
vU5e64WsaMt70t1DRLXoGXAElfR8e3tHFjQVGu9p0sRy5NxnzWASoVc-LONk3LZy0LxkGtsv0idxifKX8VC09vu5mub7ADF3pw=w780-rj-l80-nu-e365

Back then both the management and the actor himself had issued an apology towards Seohyun saying:
“On or off the set, I’m trying to live as Cheon Soo Ho (the character). When I’m sleeping or commuting, I slip and let Kim Jung Hyun come out. I’m trying to control that. I’m just really devoted to the character. I’m really trying to become him.”
— Kim Jung Hyun

However in 2021, the agency actually revealed this:
"We announced that he left for health reasons at the time, but there were issues with Kim Jung Hyun’s attitude since the press conference for the drama due to personal issues involving a woman. That’s what led to him ultimately leaving the show."
— O& Entertainment

Following this, Dispatch later revealed that Kim Junghyun refused to film 13 skinship scenes with Seohyun in MBC K-Drama The Time due to another actress Seo Yeji‘s orders.
FHtNzxYdBu9u9kjjOhvwyXJJ0TQG8PYYJS1uFXdLLFelVtXeisWCfRNu9nEyVxy7n7V3Wd9_W8VlEAd-R2dfB7Md1c0QEIHdWXIJ4YSovY0n9UA=w780-rj-l80-nu-e365

According to Dispatch they were able to obtain the original script for Time and text messages between Kim Junghyun and Seo Yeji who were possibly dating at the time. Kim Junghyun and Seo Yeji had also previously worked together in the movie Stay with Me in early 2018.
The drama was originally supposed to be a melodrama of a man spending his last moments alive trying to give everything to a woman he had hurt. However Kim Jonghyun didn't want to film a melodrama and was constantly demanding lots of rewriting in the script even ignoring the fact that the screenwriter was recovering from surgery.

Dispatch was able to secure some of his text conversations with his actual director Seo Yeji:
(1)
Seo Ye Ji: Stern Mr. Kim. Take out all of your skinship scenes.
Kim Jung Hyun: Of course.
Seo Ye Ji: Why didn’t you tell me what you did today?
Kim Jung Hyun: I didn’t even greet the female staff today. I was so stern towards other people.
Kim Jung Hyun: I told Jang Joon Ho director once again that I wouldn’t do romance but I couldn’t drive [the idea] into him.
Seo Ye Ji: ㅋㅋ Alright. Do well being stern with your actions.
Kim Jung Hyun: The script for episode 9 came out, I think it needs to be completely revised.
Seo Ye Ji: Good luck with the editing.
(
2)
Kim Jung Hyun: Only you can touch my hand.
Seo Ye Ji: Stay stern, whatever it is. Change things well. Shinship is a no-no.
Kim Jung Hyun: Of course. Stern Mr. Kim!
Seo Ye Ji: Is your behavior okay?
Kim Jung Hyun: Of course. The assistant director working on it is a girl, but I’m being stern.
Kim Jung Hyun: I didn’t even make eye contact with the girls.
Seo Ye Ji: Change it well so there is no romance and no skinship.
Kim Jung Hyun: It’s time for Seohyun to film, so the guys are all talking.
Kim Jung Hyun: I just asked Jang Joon Ho director to remove all the melo-romance in a perfectly logical way.
(
3)
Seo Ye Ji: How did you greet the staff?
Kim Jung Hyun: (Uploading the video of the filming site) I didn’t greet them at all.
Seo Ye Ji: You’re right, not to greet them.
Seo Ye Ji: If they greet you first, you just need to be stern with them.
Seo Ye Ji: I feel bad right now. Send me what the current situation is like.
Kim Jung Hyun: (Sends on-site video)
Seo Ye Ji: Did you not send me a video of the set?
Kim Jung Hyun: It’s inside the set. Inside the studio.
(
4)
Kim Jung Hyun: I’ve been reading the script. I’m not doing anything else.
Seo Ye Ji: Edit it so there’s no romance.
Seo Ye Ji: You’re happy because of me. So make me happier too.
Kim Jung Hyun: I’m going to read the script.
Seo Ye Ji: Okay. Fix it well. No skinship, no romance.
Kim Jung Hyun: Sure thing.

One staff member even commented on how Kim Jung Hyun kept asking for script revisions.
"He kept asking me to revise the script. He said that mental life is important and asked me to remove skinship. If it didn’t go his way, he would run away and make dry heaves, retching."
The Time staff member

Eventually, Kim Junghyun dropped out of The Time. Screenwriter Choi Hocheol had to continuously revise his work. Kim Junghyun’s character ended up drowning at the beach while trying to save Seohyun’s character.
News source: Koreaboo

escapism

𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 🤍
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
Seo Yeji's agency response to the incident:
"Hello, this is Gold Medalist. This is our official position on the recent reports regarding our actress Seo Ye Ji.
First, we would like to apologize for the delay in sharing our official position.
As a result of our confirmation with Kim Jung Hyun’s representatives, it was clearly confirmed by them that the drama-related controversy was not caused by Seo Ye Ji, and he expressed his own intentions on sharing his official position. However, he said it would take time to share his own statement as there are many issues stacking up. Due to the continuous escalation of the controversy, we were told that it was okay to announce our position first, and make our position clear. Once again, we would like to apologize for the delay in expressing our opinion.
Also, we would like to apologize for the damage caused to the movie Recalled, the other actors, and the reporters for not attending today’s press conference and media preview.
Separate from Kim Jung Hyun’s position, we would like to express our own position. It is hard to understand using common logic that the main actor of a drama can act without their own free will according to someone’s wishes, according to the controversial content released. It’s practically impossible for an actor to perform and film without any free will.
It was not shown in the released conversations, but there was also a conversation between Kim Jung Hyun and Seo Ye Ji where he asked her not to film a kiss scene while she was working on a different drama. Seo Ye Ji also told him ‘well then you don’t do that either’, and the two exchanged conversations mixed with jealousy about skinship with others while in their relationship. This can be seen as a common love quarrel between an actor and actress who are lovers while also working in the same industry.
However, all actors and actresses can film normally, separating themselves from their love quarrels with their significant other. We believe Kim Jung Hyun must have had other unavoidable personal circumstances as well.
Also, the part of the conversation that was publicized is a conversation between individuals that shouldn’t have been disclosed. We think it caused a big misunderstanding because the conversation between two lovers was not kept private.
As a result, we deeply regret the fact that we have caused many people to feel concerned with Seo Ye Ji’s immature feelings in her relationship."

— Gold Medalist

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Seo Yeji's agency response to the incident:
"Hello, this is Gold Medalist. This is our official position on the recent reports regarding our actress Seo Ye Ji.
First, we would like to apologize for the delay in sharing our official position.
As a result of our confirmation with Kim Jung Hyun’s representatives, it was clearly confirmed by them that the drama-related controversy was not caused by Seo Ye Ji, and he expressed his own intentions on sharing his official position. However, he said it would take time to share his own statement as there are many issues stacking up. Due to the continuous escalation of the controversy, we were told that it was okay to announce our position first, and make our position clear. Once again, we would like to apologize for the delay in expressing our opinion.
Also, we would like to apologize for the damage caused to the movie Recalled, the other actors, and the reporters for not attending today’s press conference and media preview.
Separate from Kim Jung Hyun’s position, we would like to express our own position. It is hard to understand using common logic that the main actor of a drama can act without their own free will according to someone’s wishes, according to the controversial content released. It’s practically impossible for an actor to perform and film without any free will.
It was not shown in the released conversations, but there was also a conversation between Kim Jung Hyun and Seo Ye Ji where he asked her not to film a kiss scene while she was working on a different drama. Seo Ye Ji also told him ‘well then you don’t do that either’, and the two exchanged conversations mixed with jealousy about skinship with others while in their relationship. This can be seen as a common love quarrel between an actor and actress who are lovers while also working in the same industry.
However, all actors and actresses can film normally, separating themselves from their love quarrels with their significant other. We believe Kim Jung Hyun must have had other unavoidable personal circumstances as well.
Also, the part of the conversation that was publicized is a conversation between individuals that shouldn’t have been disclosed. We think it caused a big misunderstanding because the conversation between two lovers was not kept private.
As a result, we deeply regret the fact that we have caused many people to feel concerned with Seo Ye Ji’s immature feelings in her relationship."

— Gold Medalist
It seems fishy, they even have text evidence that she was involved...

escapism

𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 🤍
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Credits
✧ Captain Price ✧
Death Note
On April 14th Kim Junghyun issued a handwritten apology letter:
In his letter, he wrote:
"Hello, this is Kim Jung Hyun. Drama 'Time' was my first project to act as a male lead, so it had a special meaning to me. But I have deeply disappointed the director, the writer, the cast, and the staff. I apologize. I have fragmented memories of the press conference for 'Time'. Back then I acted like a person even I wouldn't approve of. I am deeply regretful of my past actions. I have chosen to let my personal life interfere with my professional life. I did not take my accountability as an actor or a leading character. I apologize without any excuse. The entire process of me departing 'Time' in the middle of the series and my actions at the press conference were wrong. I sincerely apologize to all the staff who had to go through rough times and to actress Seohyun who was hurt, all because of my actions. I believe I should personally apologize to them, to everyone who I have inflicted harm on, even if it takes time. I am morally sorry to my label O& Entertainment, and Culture Depot whose name came up dishonorably. And I am sincerely sorry to my fans who have been supporting and waiting for me. I also beg everyone who was concerned for forgiveness. I had time to reflect upon my blunder and wrongful action while writing this letter. If I get another chance, I would not take everything for granted and become an actor who takes care of himself both mentally and physically. I am sorry"
— Kim Jung Hyun
IMG_20210414_110432.jpg

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
This whole thing seems like a highschool romance/jealousy. They are both adults..

Personal matters should not get in the way of work especially since both of them are actor/actress. Keep it professional. I feel bad for the screenwriter, producers, and the staff that worked extra hard because of it.

red riot112

Kpop Fan
Credits
Cookie Bite
Heart Jewel
Pink Bear Plush
On April 14th Kim Junghyun issued a handwritten apology letter:
In his letter, he wrote:
"Hello, this is Kim Jung Hyun. Drama 'Time' was my first project to act as a male lead, so it had a special meaning to me. But I have deeply disappointed the director, the writer, the cast, and the staff. I apologize. I have fragmented memories of the press conference for 'Time'. Back then I acted like a person even I wouldn't approve of. I am deeply regretful of my past actions. I have chosen to let my personal life interfere with my professional life. I did not take my accountability as an actor or a leading character. I apologize without any excuse. The entire process of me departing 'Time' in the middle of the series and my actions at the press conference were wrong. I sincerely apologize to all the staff who had to go through rough times and to actress Seohyun who was hurt, all because of my actions. I believe I should personally apologize to them, to everyone who I have inflicted harm on, even if it takes time. I am morally sorry to my label O& Entertainment, and Culture Depot whose name came up dishonorably. And I am sincerely sorry to my fans who have been supporting and waiting for me. I also beg everyone who was concerned for forgiveness. I had time to reflect upon my blunder and wrongful action while writing this letter. If I get another chance, I would not take everything for granted and become an actor who takes care of himself both mentally and physically. I am sorry"
— Kim Jung Hyun
View attachment 51188
is he really sorry? either way they both are in the wrong. weather both of them were dating or not they shouldnt act like that its not professional at all and is effecting everyone working on that script