Day6 potentially being racist towards a Muslim women

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
This has been floating around twitter I just thought I comply the info into one thread

This is the original tictok posted by Nawal

It states that she had a bad experience with a k-band and she made up a hypothetical situation about the idols treating her rudely because she was wearing a hijab.
Then everyone assumed it was day6 and took the hypothetical situation as real, accusing day6 members of being Islamophobic and racist

Nawal then posted this thread
Stating that is was day6 she was talking about and even though that situation she said on her tictok didn't happen. She said that her sister and her other friends (also wearing hijabs) were uncomfortable interacting with day6 and day6 were rude to them. They didn't treat her the same as other fans

Just to present a dichotomy another Muslim woman posted a thread stating their positive interaction with day6

Last edited:

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
My opinion
I am very disappointed that this myday had a bad experience with day6 and I hope some of the members apologise. However, I would like to believe that it wasn't intentional but I'm just not too sure at this point.

I will update this thread if more information comes out

x.Jennifer.x

Face of The Group
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Woohyun
Sunggyu
Lex
I don't believe half this shit people tweet about
everyone is always accusing idols of something and then it escalates, than it spirals out of control and then finally nothing like this ever happened
i take everything people say online and especially on twatter with a grain of salt.

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
I don't believe half this shit people tweet about
everyone is always accusing idols of something and then it escalates, than it spirals out of control and then finally nothing like this ever happened
i take everything people say online and especially on twatter with a grain of salt.
Since this person isn't just an anonymous account I am more inclined to believe that that they aren't wouldn't lie.
I agree people take things too far on twitter but please don't invalidate the experiences of this women ☹

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
So many women claim this and are wrong, i'm not invalidating it but i take it with a grain of salt
whether you believe her or not, this has happened wayyyy too many times for me to just believe someone's word.
fair enough, I understand what you mean

ChenXiao

Face of The Group
Credits
Gong Myung
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. B] ☆
☆ NCT 127 - Sticker [Ver. A] ☆
Horyeong
Srsly - who should people believe anymore? I mean, the sexual assault thing that's going around rn. Some of it is true (definitely) but some of it is just bullshit. I don't believe anything anymore unless there's hardcore evidence.

jenosimp

johnny su(h)premacy
Credits
Cherries
Heart Jewel
Pink Rose
Chocolate Strawberry
im not taking sides because i don't want to invalidate this girl and there's no evidence. but i feel like she wouldn't lie because she's not anonymous (??) like u can get into big trouble for spreading false rumors like this about idols, and people know who she is and what she looks like. but im gonna be neutral for now

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
I have thought of an interesting point

I feel like that if day6 weren't super exposed to Muslim culture or hijabs in Korea they might have felt uncomfortable due to the high stigma and prejudice surrounding Muslims. And because the women doesn't specify when this concert was it might have been when they first started touring and the first time being exposed to heaps of different people ( as Korea is a very homogenous country).
This doesn't accuse day6's actions but may offer some context. If day6 are still uncomfortable around hijabs or other cultural things then I think that is inexcusable.

I honestly do believe the girl because it isn't a reach for people to be uncomfortable around women wearing hijabs. I live in a very multicultural city and it's very obvious when you see someone acting uncomfortable on public transport because of a woman wearing a burka or hijab.

x.Jennifer.x

Face of The Group
Website
twitter.com
Credits
Woohyun
Sunggyu
Lex
so basically she made a video on her own views not facts...and people started to slander Day6 because people believe everything they say and read all the time, mostly, yet she never stated anything was specifically said or anything...sounds like a video based on her views and people just took it and ran with it, which is why i said i don't ever sit here and assume or believe everything someone says because half the time it's not true. They could have indirectly looked at her wrong and she took that as offensive, they may not have been doing anything at all and she just felt offended. Don't make these kind of videos and not expect people to over-react, it's happening too frequently.

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
so basically she made a video on her own views not facts...and people started to slander Day6 because people believe everything they say and read all the time, mostly, yet she never stated anything was specifically said or anything...sounds like a video based on her views and people just took it and ran with it, which is why i said i don't ever sit here and assume or believe everything someone says because half the time it's not true. They could have indirectly looked at her wrong and she took that as offensive, they may not have been doing anything at all and she just felt offended. Don't make these kind of videos and not expect people to over-react, it's happening too frequently.
yes she made the video based on her own personal experience but then like kpop twitter does they took things too far. Her video really could have been done better but it's not her fault things were taken out of context