DAY6’s Jae Announces He Will Cease All Personal Live Broadcasts + Apologizes For Controversy

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
Earlier this week, Jae came under fire for a Twitch stream in which he could be heard saying, “This guy, that’s my sugar daddy,” before using his avatar to mimic a sexual act within the game he was playing.

When some fans objected to his remarks and behavior, Jae initially commented that he believed the issue arose from “cultural differences” and asked those who were offended by his remarks to refrain from watching his broadcasts. However, he later issued an apology on Twitter, writing in Korean, “I sincerely apologize to the people whom I hurt with my actions. I will work even harder to show you a better side of myself.”

several days after his initial apology, Jae released a longer statement in both English and Korean in which he apologized again for his controversial remarks and announced that he had decided to cease all personal live broadcasts.

"Hello, this is DAY6[‘s] Jae. First of all I’d like to express my sincerest apologies to everyone in regard to the inappropriate comments made during my personal live stream.

Before listening to the earnest advice from those around me and my dear fans, I didn’t fully comprehend what the problem was nor the degree of seriousness of the incident.

This made me realize my immaturity and lack of judgment. I promise to learn from these mistakes and try my best to become more mature and responsible.

From now on I will not act impulsively, taking into mind the gravity of my words and actions. Moreover, as a member of DAY6 I assure you I will always put DAY6, fans and colleagues on top priority. Thus as an act of sincerity I will stop all my personal live streams including Twitch.

I would also like to again apologize for hurting many people who truly worried on my behalf whilst overcoming mental stress.

Also I want to express my gratitude to my dearest DAY6 members and fans who patiently stood by my side supporting me with unhindering faith albeit all that went through [sic]. I reassure you this will not happen again. I will continuously try to become a better person and someone you can be proud of."

Naomi

❤ VIC10TION ❤
Credits
Bugs Bunny
Subin
Byungchan
Hanse
What I can gather from this incident is I guess.. some fans are far too young to understand sexual innuendo type of jokes.

I do get lil uncomfortable seeing the amount of dilf comments on idols, but I don't make a big deal out of it though ^^