CLAMP (Cardcaptor Sakura, xxxHOLiC) Announces Yuzuru Hanyu Inspired Picture Book

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stan BiSH

Kpop Groupie
Credits
CLAMP to Draw Picture Book About Figure Skater Yuzuru Hanyu

merlin_134018870_c8af7094-119e-4c28-a678-e74fb13d528a-superJumbo.jpg

Professional figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu's solo ice show "Gift" revealed on its website on Monday that the manga creator and artist circle CLAMP (Cardcaptor Sakura, xxxHOLiC) will draw a tie-in picture book under the same name.

The website added that Hanyu was searching for ways to express his own stories not only through skating but also in the world of picture books. He reportedly asked CLAMP to draw the illustrations, and CLAMP accepted the offer. Hanyu commented: "This time, I have created the story of 'Gift' by envisioning many different things. In my imagination, there is also a picture book story called 'Gift,' and I wanted CLAMP to bring it to life."

CLAMP commented: "We were really surprised when we received this consultation. We want to help deliver another 'Gift' conceived by Mr. Hanyu to everyone through this picture book, which is different from the unprecedented 'Gift' performance."