Cherry Bullet Being Accused of Cultural Appropriation

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gardenofeden

Face of The Group
Website
kenmas-gameboy.carrd.co
Credits
i have seen many twitter talk about the significance of aloha oe and i researched it myself and it turns out the aloha oe was a song written by hawaii's sole and last princess Lili'uokalani. the song expresses how the then princess feels sorrow as she has to relinquish hawaii to the then colonialist united states.

the lyrics are as follows:

'
Until we meet again
ʻSweet memories come back to me
Bringing fresh remembrances
Of the past Dearest one, yes, you are mine own
From you, true love shall never depart
'

i guess cherry bullet doesnt know the cultural significance the phrase has to the hawaiian people, it actually has a very heartbreaking background of a defiant yet responsible monarch writing a song about her struggles. she was actually a very loved princess who knew better than to drag her people through war and terror and responsibly relinquish her homeland to the americans.

i personally dont believe it's racist or a form of ca but the song has such a significance that it can come across as offensive to native hawaiians. i wish they at least didnt have the title as the literal same as princess Lili'uokalani's song.

anyways thoughts?

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
As I am not Hawaiian I'm not gonna give my opinion on this. But if those who are feel that Cherry Bullet almost desecrated this song that holds so much significance, then they should express their disdain.
I know that if one of the songs that is sacred to my religion was used in that way, I would not be happy about it. Songs that express painful historical events should not be transformed into something else, unless it is the people who experienced that pain (or their ancestors) doing it.

Shaewol

Kpop Groupie
Website
typaluv.uwu.ai
Credits
Ken
Hendery
Dean
I have to agree with what was said above, I feel that they should not have infringed upon something that has the possibility of holding severe and important meaning to a nation. I am also not Hawaiian so I am not speaking for anyone I just think that there should have been a bit of search into the things that they are choosing to sing about, I personally would not see this as ca but just a lack of knowledge towards the true meaning of lyrics. I am open minded and willing to hear others thoughts, preferably someone who is Hawaiian because this is something that would affect them, and I am willing to adjust my thoughts accordingly. Lowkey this is a mess, I hope it kinda makes sense.