Bad Kpop Rappers

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
Does anyone else feel like companies force idols to be rappers in their group? I wish they just called some rappers sub-vocalists instead of rappers because they speak melodically not actually rap

Like some idols are meant to be rappers and are really good at rap - Changbin, Mingi, Soyeon etc

But other times I feel like companies make idols fill the position of rapper because they think it's necessary, now imma get a bit controversial here so let me know your thoughts

For example:
Twice don't need Chaeyoung and Daehyun to be rappers, they are good vocalists and rap parts in twice songs are not super necessary imo

Moonbyul is a good rapper, but she was forced to be rapper by RBW, if you listen to her solo stuff she is a good singer

Kazhua her raps in Lesserafim songs are not super necessary either imo

Felix - I do not think he is a good rapper or singer, he is overrated imo just because of his deep voice.

Amber Liu - enough said

Lisa - all of her raps are cringeee especially in BP old music, like who is writing these and she's also a good singer!

The8 - please let my man sing more omg

Giselle - i love aespa but there is nothing appealing to me in her raps

And yes, there are mainly female idols on this list because companies like to force raps in gg songs when there doesn't need to be any.

acat

Kpop Expert
Credits
Yeosang
Seungmin
Yunho
A few years ago I would have said Hyunjin as well but in the last few albums he has improved so much and started to find his own style and flow and it shows!

Also idol rappers who write their own raps are usually wayyy better than those who don't, which is way boy groups tend to have better rappers because girl groups are not given enough creative freedom with their song writing or are not taught how to rap/write songs properly

babyz

@𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗻
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
V.I.P.
Website
kprofiles.com
Credits
✧ Simon Riley ✧
✧ Captain Price ✧
In my opinion, companies force the rap position on members whose voice doesn't particularly stand out. Underground and naturally skilled rappers are an exception. I disagree with the notion that every group needs a rapper but some of their songs sound well with rap in it. It's a 50/50 situation for me.