ASTRO's Sanha under fire for racist comments

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

yunaisms

( :̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:★:]̲̅ :̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
Author
Website
bestchongyunmain.carrd.co
Credits
Gorou
Araraki Itto
Sheep Plush
Mong Mong-ie
In a video quickly spread around Twitter, Sanha is seen holding up a piece of rolled up paper and calling it "reggae hair"
and the others laughing at it. Netizens are reasonably upset, many saying "how is this funny?" in response to the original
tweet. There isn't much following this and there hasn't been an apology (to my knowledge) yet.
ABOVE: gif of what he did

Here's the full video:

A/N: I'm so upset at Sanha- how is that funny???​

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
not even a week after Giselle's scandal
original.gif

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
wtf, sanha? that's not even remotely funny, and it was completely uncalled for. i'm white, so my opinion doesn't really matter, nor do i think i should even form much of my own opinion, but from what i've seen, that was completely out of context, too. it wasn't appreciation, that's for sure. smh

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Sanha, babe. Come on.
The only way I can defend him is that in South Korea, they're not ethnically diverse- they are a homogenous population, with the majority of the population identifying with the ethnicity Korean. The largest minority ethnicity group that even attempts to be noticed is the Chinese, which tops out at about 200,000- Compared to the 50 million Koreans residing in South Korea. In a way, I could see K-netizens' side, as they could argue that those who do not come into contact with other races nor are educated about them will not know what is proper and what is not. That being said, there is such a thing as common sense, and people should know better- If you are a person with access to the Internet, it is very easy to find information on how to act.

@haoluvr I'm not Jamaican, but I thought you should read this- I simply stated that there could be a defense, but... common sense. ((I'm not mad at you, I just thought that you might be interested in this. /g /nbr /nay))

Last edited:

villainlover

Kpop Groupie
Website
blackroseintroduction.carrd.co
Credits
Ciel Phantomhive
I- how was that funny tho??? Like- im still trying to figure that out but like, this is kinda why im starting to not like kpop that much because idols always find some dumb ass shit to do and why they figure out that is "bad" their fans are quick to defend them even if what they did was definitely uncalled for. And Im black so this is just- no. just no

Tracy

.𖥔 𝗟𝗶𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗼𝘂𖥔 ˖
Staff member
iShop Manager
SNS Manager
Editor
Website
tenacy.carrd.co
Credits
Dancing Winnie The Pooh
Mark
Haechan
Woozi
I saw this before and didn't want to speak on it
But he's my bias and I'm pissed it's so damn offensive and I'm a Jamaican
You can't be making fun of people culture or hair like that and there is no such thing as reggae hair, reggae is a music genre
and the type of hair he's talking about Is apart of a religion and those people have to fight constantly for their hair and their religion it's nothing to be laughing about
Why do they keep doing things like this and then people keep defending them when they are wrong
Yes they do know better if they can say things like this they definitely know that it could be offensive to the people they speak about. Yes they don't have to know about things from other places but we are in 2021 and things like this has happened before at least be more educated before you speak on something
Some people need to step down and stop invalidating those who are affected by it and let them speak
Everytime something like this happens SOME FANS are quick to get toxic, telling others how should/shouldn't feel and that these matters aren't big of a deal. Or that in asia this or that doesn't exist and there are more excuses I've seen people come up with, these idols know that things like this can affect others and know they should better educate themselves on things like this.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT REPLY TO ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR AGREE TO WHAT I SAID.. THANK YOU

villainlover

Kpop Groupie
Website
blackroseintroduction.carrd.co
Credits
Ciel Phantomhive
I saw this before and didn't want to speak on it
But he's my bias and I'm pissed it's so damn offensive and I'm a Jamaican
You can't be making fun of people culture or hair like that and there is no such thing as reggae hair, reggae is a music genre
and the type of hair he's talking about Is apart of a religion and those people have to fight constantly for their hair and their religion it's nothing to be laughing about
Why do they keep doing things like this and then people keep defending them when they are wrong
Yes they do know better if they can say things like this they definitely know that it could be offensive to the people they speak about.
Some people need to step down and stop invalidating those who are affected by it and let them speak
Everytime something like this happens SOME FANS are quick to get toxic, telling others how should/shouldn't feel and that these matters aren't big of a deal. Or that in asia this or that doesn't exist and there are more excuses I've seen people come up with, these idols know that things like this can affect others and know they should better educate themselves on things like this.

NOTE: PLEASE DONT REPLY TO ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR AGREE TO WHAT I SAID.. THANK YOU
Thats what im saying! like they know what their doing bc they know for a fact that their fans will come to their rescue nd defend them, like let them deal w/ the consequences of their words/actions and stop defending them. this is how kpop becomes more nd more toxic bc fans keep defending them even when what they did is rude or just plain out insulting.

yoyoyeol

ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ
Staff member
iShop Manager
Author
Website
yeolplaylist.carrd.co
Credits
LALISA
Minnie
In a video quickly spread around Twitter, Sanha is seen holding up a piece of rolled up paper and calling it "reggae hair"
and the others laughing at it. Netizens are reasonably upset, many saying "how is this funny?" in response to the original
tweet. There isn't much following this and there hasn't been an apology (to my knowledge) yet.
ABOVE: gif of what he did

Here's the full video:

A/N: I'm so upset at Sanha- how is that funny???​
Why. Just why. Like, I can't understand why kpop idols never learn. It's been decades bro. DECADES and we're still tryna get them to respect culture that isn't theirs.

wildchild

Kpop Fan
Credits
Love Letter
Pigeon Plush
wtf, sanha? that's not even remotely funny, and it was completely uncalled for. i'm white, so my opinion doesn't really matter, nor do i think i should even form much of my own opinion, but from what i've seen, that was completely out of context, too. it wasn't appreciation, that's for sure. smh
Idk why I reply/comment on old shit- But dw. You are allowed to have your own opinion because you stood up for what was right. I didn't know this happened until I saw a user viewing this thread but this is wrong in so many ways and you are very correct, It was really uncalled for and unnecessary.

loonatheworld !

ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ chuu's guardian angel ♡
Credits
Pink Rose
Pink Bear Plush
✧ Weeekly ✧
Jeewon
i cant do this shit anymore :|
i'm so sick of idols doing dumb ass crap and their fans defending them.
I just saw this and I can't believe how ignorant you guys are. His comment was not intended to offend anyone, nor did it contain any racist or insensitive remarks or meaning. You guys are blowing things out of proportion and making up false claims and accusations when he made a simple joke, A JOKE. That's all that was and it really astonishes me how much of a dang crybaby yall are. Grow up, fr. Yall complain about literally anything, there are so many actual bad and wrong things that happen in this world, and out of everything, yall really think that a person saying how rolled up paper, ROLLED UP PAPER, is somehow RACIST when compared to a hairstyle. Yall are pretty stupid, honestly.

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
I just saw this and I can't believe how ignorant you guys are. His comment was not intended to offend anyone, nor did it contain any racist or insensitive remarks or meaning. You guys are blowing things out of proportion and making up false claims and accusations when he made a simple joke, A JOKE. That's all that was and it really astonishes me how much of a dang crybaby yall are. Grow up, fr. Yall complain about literally anything, there are so many actual bad and wrong things that happen in this world, and out of everything, yall really think that a person saying how rolled up paper, ROLLED UP PAPER, is somehow RACIST when compared to a hairstyle. Yall are pretty stupid, honestly.
girl...unless you're black zip it up respectfully <3

TaeBora~

Kpop Stan
I am not even tryna air your ignorant ass out rn but IDGAF. It was a joke? No ones laughing sis. It dose not matter how he intended it, it was RUDE and uncalled for. Don't let this lack luster group strip you of your common sense. Girl bye. Eunwoo and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.