Any tips for learning korean?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
L

Love_alize071313

Okay! When reading its important to read the sounds in correct order. It's also important to know the sounds in the first place. (duh)
Since they mostly look like shapes to me i connect them to what they look like.
For example:
ㄷ is the korean "D" sound, i remembered this by associating it with a "D"uck Bill.
or
ㅎ is the korean "H" sound, I remembered by associating it with a person a "H"at

L

Love_alize071313

When you pronounce the r/l sound make it in between R and L. You can do this by saying the "L" sound against the ridge in your mouth but instead of touching it with the tip of your tongue bend it backwards a bit so the back part of the tip of your tongue is against the ridge.

L

Love_alize071313

I have some difficulty reading to but only with big words and sentences and the 'w' sounds but we'll both get there one day (y)

Yutazenpai

Face of The Group
Credits
Pigeon Plush
Yuta
Undertaker
Lee Know
Okay this is probably gonna be a long post but here we go.

The way I started learning Korean was with Duolingo because the lessons are 100% free unlike other sites. There's a lot of great tips and cheats for learning Korean in the lessons. Another great app is called Drops, and even though you can only do one 5-minute session per day for free (you're more than welcome to spend some money to do more but I don't remember the exact price), each new word you learn is practiced through a bunch of different types of memory challenges and visual references.

A MAJOR thing I recommend is writing down every new thing you learn. It's proven that people retain things better when writing them down.

As with most languages, learning the alphabet first is the best way to go. Practice writing Hangul (characters), and try combining consonants and vowels together even if it doesn't make a real word. Also practice writing in romanized characters (the way words are pronounced instead of the characters themselves). This helped me remember Hangul characters better once I kept practicing the sounds they make.

Practice pronunciation!!! A lot of the language learning apps have audio references on how to pronounce characters and words. Some are very similar though, so be mindful of that.

Listening to K-pop and watching K-dramas and variety shows is also a good method for learning. You've probably noticed in certain songs that some phrases repeat, and learning these phrases through the music will help you progress quickly.
I suggest watching color coded lyric videos or visiting colorcodedlyrics.com. These contain English translations along with romanized characters and Hangul. There, you'll be able to visually see the phrases you notice repeat in certain songs, and learn what they mean. That website and those videos have helped me a lot!

I think that's everything I can think of. Mind you, I am in NO MEANS fluent in the language, but if I can be of service to your quest in learning Korean, I'd be happy to help :3

helenmcneil20

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Hello Bxngcxn! Fleshcards were always useful and helpful tool to learn any language. I think you should search not for exactly korean learning tips, but for learning tips at all. Also you can use this service to ask some specific question with your task or homework https://myhomeworkdone.com/aleks-answers.html. Hope you'll find it helpful. Actually I'm also learning language now, unfortunately not korean.