Amazon Rain Forest Is burning up.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
B

blink

If you are not aware of this, the Amazon rainforest. Which has earned the name '' Lungs of the Planet " Has been on fire for about 3 weeks. The Amazon forest in Brazil. The Amazon forest is the world's most large tropical rainforest. It also has biodiversity in it's organism that it holds. Forests soak up all the carbon dioxide and renew oxygen ( If i remember correctly ) The Amazon produces about 20% of our oxygen in the atmosphere which quite alot.

Please bring awareness to this, the fire has been going on for soo long and people didn't notice since people mostly care about their celebs or whatnot. This is a really distressing topic that people should be aware about. It saddens me when people are not aware of what's going on that will affect the way we live. There's animals there that are endangered, there's also people that LIVE in the forest. That haven't had contact with the modern world in DECADES until NOW that since the place they live in is being destroyed.

Yifan

Maknae
Credits
Yuta
Jisung
YangYang
Doyoung
I was praying about this... Hope they will find a way to restore at least some parts :(

OppaIsTrash

Kpop Expert
Website
twitter.com
Credits
☆ SEVENTEEN - Rock With You [Ver. D] ☆
Wonho
I'd like to add to your initial information.

The Amazon rainforest is being actively set on fire by people who have a vested interest in using that land for profit (cattle farming I believe is the big one), shortly after courts ruled in favor of the Indigenous peoples who call the Amazon home, and egged on by the Brazilian government. It's not just that people aren't talking about it, it's that it is actively being covered up. The people encouraging and setting these fires do not care about the environment and want to use the Amazon for profit and eliminate the Indigenous peoples who stand in their way.

I imagine most of us here on this forum may not have the resources to donate, but if you talk about it elsewhere or see it mentioned elsewhere, be sure to correct that there are not natural wildfires and provide links to donate to Indigenous groups working to protect the Amazon. This tumblr post has a few to choose from, of which this one, for the APIB (Brazilian Articulation of Indigenous Peoples), is the one I've seen most shared across tumblr and twitter.

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
It's really sad that human beans do such things to our mother planet! We can't let our world burn alive! Human interruption to nature always creates problems....Hope this this problem gets solved quickly by not creating any damage to our mother nature any more!:cry::cry::cry:

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
🤡 Bolsonaro 🤡 is really a clown. It's the fault of the ONG who fight to protect the forest and Macron now.
He should use his precious time to send firefighter instead.
Or he can ask Trump, he would prebably sell him some napalm to make it more efficient.

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
Interesting. They said that it's mostly fires made by human to gain land, but the drought made it worst.
Bresil has 60% of Amazonie in his territory. Bolsanero politic is totally pointed out.
92c4679_POTvJegU1c78WT2TRRg2GPKa.png

JiyeonFati

Kpop Expert
Credits
Dami
Siyeon
SuA
JiU
The diplmatic crises is interesting, because Macron said we should protect the forest.
So they attack him back trying to make fun of him. Really interesting how they think and act.