A similarity in Blackpink's "How You Like That" & MAMAMOO'S 2020 Mama's performance?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

https.jisoobiased

𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨'𝐬 #𝟏 𝐟𝐚𝐧
Author
Website
momosupremacy2.carrd.co
Credits
Jihyo
Shuhua
Chaeyoung
Aisha
!THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS AND IT ISN'T TO CAUSE HATE TO ANY OF THE GIRLS!

While I was listening to "How You Like That" and during Lisa's rap part I noticed the music sounded familiar, so I watched Mamamoo's 2020 Mama performance and the beginning music sounded familiar too.

(The beginning here when they are on the thrones)

(Lisa's rap part at 1:15)

Do you hear it too or am I just thinking things?

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
They do sound similar but Blackpink's instrumental isn't original
The music I think originates from Arabian culture. I did some research and found exactly what was sampled in HYLT
So mamamoo probably just bought the rights to use it with no intention of copying.
It's just an iconic instrumental that fits the concept well.

https.jisoobiased

𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐨'𝐬 #𝟏 𝐟𝐚𝐧
Author
Website
momosupremacy2.carrd.co
Credits
Jihyo
Shuhua
Chaeyoung
Aisha
They do sound similar but Blackpink's instrumental isn't original
The music I think originates from Arabian culture. I did some research and found exactly what was sampled in HYLT
So mamamoo probably just bought the rights to use it with no intention of copying.
It's just an iconic instrumental that fits the concept well.
I figured that it was from Arabian or somewhere that isn't Korea, do you think this would also be labeled as "racism?"
since Soyeon one time was asking her group members if they should use a sound that was from another state/country and she was labeled as being racist

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I figured that it was from Arabian or somewhere that isn't Korea, do you think this would also be labeled as "racism?"
since Soyeon one time was asking her group members if they should use a sound that was from another state/country and she was labeled as being racist
I wouldn't say it would be racist. They just sampled a piece of music from a different culture. It would be a different story if the songs were offensive. But I'm not from that culture so I can't 100% confirm it.
I think what was wrong with soyeon's situation is what she said. By calling it 'ethnic hip' she was in a way insulting sacred aspects of another culture for aesthetic purposes. And she was combining and not identifying what direct cultures she was referring to. Huge generalization. I hope she learned from it.

saaylhy

🧣
Author
Website
nahidanahida.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Jinx
Levi Ackerman
Kirari Momobami
No, it's not racism. Racism is when you reject /criticize someone for their origin/skin color. MAMAMOO and bp just "stung" this melody and put in their performances.
For Soyeon from (g) i-dle, people (especially haters) took it for racism because they thought she didn't want to use music from other cultures.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Sampling and inspiration is quite common play in the music industry. I don’t think there’s any harm in it :3