❤️💙 7 YEARS WITH MAMAMOO 140619 🤍💛

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

What are your favourite MAMAMOO title tracks?

• Total voters

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Today, MAMAMOO is known for being one of the largest girl groups in K-Pop, as well was one of the best groups vocally, and having 4 strong members with their own unique charms and achievements.

But where did they start?

Welcome to my 7 years with MAMAMOO appreciation post

MUSIC RELEASES
On the 9th of January 2014, MAMAMOO's first song was released: a pre-debut track with Solar and Wheein and artist Bumkey 'Don't Be Happy'. They also released 'Peppermint Chocolate' with K.Will and Wheesung a month later.

They debuted officially on the 19th of June 2014 with the album 'HELLO', and title 'Mr-Ambiguous'. Despite being from an unknown company, the group did get recognition for their skill and retro sound.

Since then, MAMAMOO have released 13 total albums, including 11 mini albums and 2 full albums.

Mr-Ambiguous - 15.7 million views (HELLO)

Piano Man - 18.8 million views (Piano Man)
Um Oh Ah Yeh - 43.1 million views (Pink Funky)

You're The Best - 42.6 million views (Melting)

Decalcomanie - 48.1 million views (Memory)
Yes I Am - 45.4 million views (Purple)

Starry Night - 182.8 million views (Yellow Flower)

Egotistic - 136.6 million views (Red Moon)
Wind Flower - 61.9 million views (Blue;S)
Gogobebe - 129.2 million views (White Wind)

HIP - 270 million views (Reality In Black)
AYA - 68.9 million views (Travel)

Where Are We Now - 11.8 million views (WAW)

MUSIC SHOW WINS
Mamamoo got their first music show win on the 6th of March 2016 with their song 'You're The Best', 626 days after debut.
It didn't stop there though. With 'You're The Best' alone, they received a total of 8 music show wins, and as a group have 44 group wins.

Decalcomanie, Destiny (Queendom), AYA - 1 win
Egotistic - 2 wins
Yes I Am, Gogobebe, HIP - 7 wins
You're The Best - 8 wins

Starry Night - 9 wins

SOLO ACHIEVEMENTS

Not only are Mamamoo an amazing quartet, all 4 members have debuted solo, making them the first group in K-Pop to do so!

SOLAR became the fastest solo artist to ever receive a music show win in 2020, just 5 days after the release of 'Spit It Out'. She was also the second highest selling soloist in 2020.
'Spit It Out' has a total of 1 music show wins.

MOONBYUL was the highest selling soloist of 2020 with her solo album 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. Despite not having any solo wins, Moonbyul is the 2nd highest credited female artist in K-Pop, with 72 total KOMCA credits.

WHEEIN was the first member of MAMAMOO to receive a solo win, with her song 'Anymore' (with Jungkey) receiving a music show win in 2017. Since, she has released three total solo releases, with 'Magnolia' ('EASY'), 'Soar' ('Goodbye'/'Let's Break Up') and most recently 'Redd' ('Water color'). Not only this, she is extremely sought out for collaborations, and have several incredible ones with artists such as Monsta X, Park Bom and pH-1.

HWASA is arguably the most successful member of the group, with a total of 7 music show wins (2 for 'TWIT', 5 for 'MARIA') and 332.6 million views across her solo mvs combined, as well several as solo awards won under her belt.

OTHER IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENTS AND NOTEWORTHY THINGS
• Mamamoo held their first concert 'Moosical' on the 13th of August 2016. The concert sold out in minutes

• Mamamoo were the first rookie group to win and episode of 'Immortal Songs' with their cover of 'Backwoods' in 2016. They're also the only idol group with more than one win (3 total) with the songs 'Wonderful Confession' and 'The Dance in the Rhythm'
• Mamamoo have a total of 160 award show nominations, and 43 wins (including Rookie of the Year 2014 (Seoul Success Awards))
• Mamamoo launched their '4seasons 4colours' project in 2018. It consisted of four albums, each one being represented by a different member, season and colour. Hwasa was Spring and yellow with the album 'Yellow Flower', Moonbyul was Summer and red with the album 'Red Moon', Solar was Autumn/Fall and blue with the album 'Blue;S' and Wheein was Winter and white with the album 'White Wind'. There were also concerts held throughout 2018 and 2019 for the project.

• Mamamoo won Mnet's Queendom in 2019 with the song 'Destiny'
• In total, they've sold over a million albums and songs, with each new release selling more and more copies

Whether you love MAMAMOO or not, it's impossible to argue that they're not an extremely successful group, especially considering that they formed under such a small and unknown company and did not have the budget or exposure some groups are lucky enough to receive. Thanks to MAMAMOO, RBW was able to grow and expand, buying a new company building and debuting several other groups, such as Vromance, ONEUS and Purple Kiss, and re-debuting ONEWE.

I became a MOOMOO in October 2019, and while I haven't even reached my 2 year point with them yet, I've loved being part of their fandom and experiencing their growth from Reality In Black till now, and getting to look back on their past even if I wasn't there to experience it first hand.

Recently, news broke out that Wheein had decided to leave RBW, yet we were fortunate enough that there was an extension signed, meaning we will get to continue experiencing new Mamamoo content all the way through to December 2023, so let's make these next 2 years count!

Thank you for reading my appreciation post!

MAMAMOO, NEVER LETTING GO
19/06/2014 and beyond
I coulda probably done more research but I literally got the idea to make this at midnight last night, and spent all morning actually writing it up