“How You Like That”(Blackpink) MV Under Controversy For “Disrespectful” Use Of Indian God Ganesha

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mikasa Ackerman

🕊️🧣🐚
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo
YUpT6efzCFJ1WNj8Okwpvl9GIWRuv91SoVsEd7JnEeHfzc0fczdO4zdDDR4ooz9BYIaqKqn2koRWKny0oDWaStDdbkBk0Us8=w1600-rw-nu-e365

In the Hindu Pantheon, Ganesha is one of the most important deities worshipped. Revered as the remover of obstacles, he symbolizes wisdom, and is a patron god of art and the sciences.
Indian Blackpink fans began trending #Ganesha and #YGapologise, demanding action to rectify the scenes in the MV. They have also cleared up that they are not blaming Lisa, but want a response and apology from YG Entertainment.

I posted this bcuz I'm also living in an Asian country that is near to India, and most of the people here are worshipping Lord Ganesha

Thoughts on this?

moonlight

지유
Staff member
Credits
Cat Chasing A Heart
Cat Yawn
It's not the girls fault it's whoever designed the set for Lisa ngl. Maybe YG should apologize for this bc it's so important to a portion of Blackpink's Fandom and it can look like they don't care if they don't apologize.

fvedolls

Band Manager
Credits
The set designer should have knew if Lord Ganesha was so important to India. It’s not the girls fault.

Elina xi

CEO
Credits
Minho
Suho
Hoshi
Chen
Yes it is not the girls' fault and the fans have cleared that as well. The set designers should be a little more careful and well informed about what props they use because they are now going international.
Lord Ganesha is a very important God in India.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
YG and the set director should both apologize and either edit out the statue or remove the scene from the music video.
In no way are the girls at fault, so I hope this doesn't result with the entity of Blackpink being accused of cultural appropriation.
But knowing YG, I kinda doubt there is gonna be anything done about it, because editing the video would mean reuploading it, resulting in a loss of views. They will always put money before everything else.

Toasty

Kpop Groupie
Credits
if the staff members were going to use that as a prop they should have educated themselves about it first as these sort of cases are a sensitive issue. It doesn't just affect the company but the whole group as well. This just opened a gate way for anti to pick up on. The staffs really shouldn't be so careless and I hope that they will be more cautious and understanding.