ෆThe Official Book Recommendation Threadෆ

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
📚 Hey guys :) 📚

If you love reading as much as I do, this is the thread for you!

This is an official thread for people to ask for book recommendations or post their own. You can also talk about what you are currently reading, what the best book you ever read, or anything to do with reading.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I'm a big reader. I am almost done with "Girl Interrupted" by Susanna Kasen, and I just finished a memoir by Natascha Kampusch called "3,096 Days".
I would highly recommend reading:
-"Room" by Emma Donoghue (this one is really heavy and dark)
-"Sharp Object" and "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn (both are also really heavy, especially "Sharp Objects")
-"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
-"Misery" by Stephen King
-Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" series
-The "Harry Potter" series
-"Animal Farm" by George Orwell
As you can tell I like really dark crime books. A lot of the ones I listed could have triggering content, so please look up a synopsis before reading. But they are all incredible books.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
I'm a big reader. I am almost done with "Girl Interrupted" by Susanna Kasen, and I just finished a memoir by Natascha Kampusch called "3,096 Days".
I would highly recommend reading:
-"Room" by Emma Donoghue (this one is really heavy and dark)
-"Sharp Object" and "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn (both are also really heavy, especially "Sharp Objects")
-"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
-"Misery" by Stephen King
-Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" series
-The "Harry Potter" series
-"Animal Farm" by George Orwell
As you can tell I like really dark crime books. A lot of the ones I listed could have triggering content, so please look up a synopsis before reading. But they are all incredible books.
I have wanted to read Girl Interrupted ever since I saw the movie 😔 but I could never find it anywhere.

Some I recommend are:

•Wintergirls by Laurie Hasle Anderson (but TW: it deals with eating disorders & self harm)
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
•Crank & it's sequels Glass & Fallout by Ellen Hopkins (TW: it's loosely based on her real daughter's crystal meth addiction & how her life went on after trying the drug for the first time at age 17. I love the way she writes her stories though, so it's definitely worth the read!)
•Identical also by Ellen Hopkins (TW: child abuse, eating disorders, self harm, drug abuse; but again, the way Hopkins writes is so unique & amazing)
•Impulse also by Ellen Hopkins (TW: self harm, *******, pill abuse, sexual abuse)
•Burned also by Ellen Hopkins (I can't recall if there are any heavy TWs as it has been a while since I read this one

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I have wanted to read Girl Interrupted ever since I saw the movie 😔 but I could never find it anywhere.

Some I recommend are:

•Wintergirls by Laurie Hasle Anderson (but TW: it deals with eating disorders & self harm)
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
•Crank & it's sequels Glass & Fallout by Ellen Hopkins (TW: it's loosely based on her real daughter's crystal meth addiction & how her life went on after trying the drug for the first time at age 17. I love the way she writes her stories though, so it's definitely worth the read!)
•Identical also by Ellen Hopkins (TW: child abuse, eating disorders, self harm, drug abuse; but again, the way Hopkins writes is so unique & amazing)
•Impulse also by Ellen Hopkins (TW: self harm, *******, pill abuse, sexual abuse)
•Burned also by Ellen Hopkins (I can't recall if there are any heavy TWs as it has been a while since I read this one
I've read both "Winter Girls" and "The Lovely Bones" also aren't the Ellen Hopkins ones structured like poetry? I think I remember reading a bit of one but stopping cause I'm not a fan of poetry.

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
I've read both "Winter Girls" and "The Lovely Bones" also aren't the Ellen Hopkins ones structured like poetry? I think I remember reading a bit of one but stopping cause I'm not a fan of poetry.
What did you think of Wintergirls?

Yes, they are. That's what intrigued me about them.

Also, have you read Wasted by Marya Hornbachner?

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
I read Wintergirls when I was in maybe 6th grade, but from what I remember I liked it.
I haven't heard of Wasted.
Wasted is the autobiography about Marya's battle with eating disorders, among other things. It's a really good read but also really long.

VIPJACKAHGADAY

CEO
Website
lnk.bio
Credits
Young K
CL
I don't read as much as I used to (I probably should since it'll help me write better)
I would recommend any books by Meg Cabot and Lemony Snicket and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

🤪‼️ᗩYE ᗪOᗰIᑎO‼️🤪
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
I don't read as much as I used to (I probably should since it'll help me write better)
I would recommend any books by Meg Cabot and Lemony Snicket and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
I remember reading some Meg Cabot books in high school or maybe middle school, i forget. I can't rememeber the names though