҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sanasideup

divin’ to the galaxy with you
Staff member
Editor
Website
pinkbarbiebandaid.carrd.co
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
I agree it was really popular and still is popular in a lot of other countries such as the Philippines, India, Thailand, etc.
so popular in thailand, in fact, that jyp used to release special versions of twice's albums just for thailand, and had a branch there

Elphelt_ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ

Trail of Tears
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Website
shes-dreamin.carrd.co
Credits
Belle
Ezrael
Teolaegi
✧ Creamy Chanyeol ✧
I agree it was really popular and still is popular in a lot of other countries such as the Philippines, India, Thailand, etc.
Exactly just because it wasn't popular in America doesn't mean it wasn't anywhere else
Yea I also think so and they have a lot of potential to reach the same popularity as bts
Yes the same goes for Blackpink the popular group would probably be Itzy, Twice or æspa

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
same, i hope they're all in a better place now. they deserved so much better
Ryu Sera has now a youtube channel and continued her career as a musician. She doesn't hate the kpop industry but in many interviews she reccalls what she went through in 9muses' early days. I feel so sorry for her.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
Ryu Sera has now a youtube channel and continued her career as a musician. She doesn't hate the kpop industry but in many interviews she reccalls what she went through in 9muses' early days. I feel so sorry for her.
I can't imagine what the members of 9 muses are going through I hope they are doing well

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
yeah, i watch her videos sometimes ^^

florainthewind

Kpop Rookie
Website
florainthewind.carrd.co
Credits
2. Blackpink should disband. All the members are making their ways, it's a 1000 year wait for a group comeback and sometimes I forget that the girls are in the same group. No hate.
AGREE! if a soloist is doing well on their own, whats the point of regrouping? i would love for them to have a comeback but its definitely not necessary

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
There’s most likely never going to be a “next BTS” or “next Brave Girls”.
What happened to those two groups is incredibly unlikely with hardly any musical artists in the world having stories like theirs let alone kpop groups (though ofc Brave Girls is specific to kpop, but most artists aren’t on the brink of disbandment/quitting when they suddenly blow up)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
Here’s a lighthearted one which I KNOW is unpopular.

Love Dive’s bridge is awful. Absolutely awful. Possibly one of the worst bridges I’ve ever heard. The dance break is amazing don’t get me wrong, but god that shrieking alarm really stops the song from being SS tier. I love the rest of the song, Love Dive is probably up there with my favourite songs right now. But if I could erase that bridge and replace it with the version in the teasers I would in a heartbeat

ilizzy

Kpop Amateur
Credits
1.Blackpink needs more vocal training for all the members.(Rosé if sings naturaly maybe she doesn't need)
2.I fear for Jyp future girlgroup's music except Twice, i don't trust Jyp for Itzy and Nmixx.
3.Mass buying and mass streaming should exist to support idols but not to compare achievements if it was possible.Gp and fans together should determine the success.
4.Fanwas should never existed.

ilizzy

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Do you like SM music? The song is weird but it's SM song after all. Somi's birthday is grrt song the title is the problem feels like happy birthday wish.
mine is that i dispise zimzalabim
i atually like somi birthday
i also didnt like hellevator by stray kids.

ilizzy

Kpop Amateur
Credits
Do you like SM music? The song is weird but it's SM song after all. Somi's birthday is grrt song the title is the problem feels like happy birthday wish.
mine is that i dispise zimzalabim
i atually like somi birthday
i also didnt like hellevator by stray kids.

chaerifyyy

Band Manager
Website
redqueen2000.carrd.co
Credits
Dipsy
Christmas Lollipop
Apple White
Briar Beauty
If TWICE disbands Stray Kids will be the main money makers not ITZY
Even Though ITZY are one of the most popular 4th gen groups Stray Kids are and most likely will continue to be the leaders of the 4th gen. Due to this once TWICE disbands JYP will start to rely more and more on Stray Kids even though the company has a history of not promoting its boy groups.
b7461f6dbfaa41fcb02ad6a8d5965939.jpg

ITZY is not losing popularity
I personally do not think ITZY is losing popularity I just think they fell out of the spotlight for a bit due to newer groups debuting and from what I know their fanbase is increasing not decreasing especially internationally. Plus their getting a comeback soon so I think the their comeback will do fairly well.

There is not just one "it girl" or "it boy"

Lets use Yuna (ITZY) and Wonyoung (IVE) as an example.
Do they have visuals that have attracted the public? Yes
Do they have a personality that has also catched the publics attention? Yes
Are they very popular with the public? Yes
You see there are PLENTY of idols out there that could be classified as an "it girl" or "it boy". Hyunjin (SKZ), Yeonjun (TXT), Karina (aespa) and plenty of other idols could be said to be "it ppl" so stop saying one person out of the ENTIRE industry is an "it person".

Yeji is NOT overhyped
She can sing, dance, AND rap so stop saying she is overhyped. and yes sometimes her vocals but you shouldn't classify EVERYTHING about her as overhyped if anything she deserves the hype.
itzy-yeji.jpg

Chaeryeong isn't underrated
Yes during her debut she wasn't appreciated as much as she is now but I think her fanbase has grown A LOT. She has a a lot of fans and midzy's out there who really appreciate her especially internationally.
55f0e2bd96fe783628acf89866b54ab2.jpg

Kpop Fans And Knetz Have One Thing In Common They Both Give Backhanded Compliments
"She looks pretty with surgery anyways."
"He looks more handsome than his group members. Everyone else just looks like commoners lol."
"This is why *inserts group is better than *inserts another group."
Like stop imagine being these kpop idols reading these comments wouldn't also feel really unhappy. and what makes it even worse is these ppl think their giving out ACTUAL compliments. Is it really hard to give a compliments saying "Wow they did so well" or"Wow he/she looks so pretty".
Don't get me even started on these videos.
KPOP IDOLS ARE NOT DOLLS TO PROJECT YOUR INSECURITIES ON.

That was some of my unpopular opinions hope you like it!

sanasideup

Staff member
Editor
Website
Credits
Sango
AleXa
Eunchae
Garam
using “jyp made a whole song abt women's butts!1!!” (who’s your mama ft jessi) as an example of how creepy he is is dumb. i’m not saying he isn’t creepy, bc he is, but that’s a poor example. tons of western artists make songs abt women’s butts and far more vulgar things, yet no one calls them a creep. also, he made that song as a way to mock/criticize the west’s obsession w having a fat ass. and it kinda slaps-