҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
and you can disagree but i think skz is better w/o woojin
no, i’m not one of those people that just thinks everyone that left the group is better without them. i miss soojin and garam so much, but woojin, not really. looking back at old clips and videos, no one had a close connection with him. the closest it got was with seungmin, and well, duh they’re cousins. relatives in the kpop industry makes sense, but to be in the same group? ehh doesn’t settle right.
he’s also listed as ’main vocalist’? but me personally, i think seungmin fits right into the spot.
I agree that they’re better w/o him. Also I don’t think his vocals really fit the group’s color to be honest.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
(G)I-DLE's "Nxde" has a better concept than Le Sserafim's "Antifragile.
But "Antifragile" is by far the superior song.
I liked "Nxde" in the first 5 listens, but it just got kinda bland after a while.
If you can't tell, I'm salty (G)I-DLE is beating Le Sserafim in every music show. If they came back with something else they probably would still be beating them due to (G)I-DLE being around longer, more popular, and the fact that they are digital monsters.
But I still stand by the opinion that "Antifragile" is the better song.

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
I really like the structure and melodies of Eunbi's solo music, but I really dislike the sound of her voice. I can't even put a pin on why.
I didn't dislike it when she was in IZ*ONE, but that might just be because she was only 1 voice in a 12 voice song.
It's really weird. I want to like her music but I just can't.

avi ☆

Band Manager
Website
avi-pink-valentine.carrd.co
Credits
Aurora
Pink Bear Plush
Pink Bear Plush
Fluffy White Bear
i feel like any time people think of newjeans' songs, their favorite is hype boy and least favorite is hurt. and i get it! hype boy is such a bop, but hurt's kind of in the corner and a little bit of a more forgotten song.
for me, it's the opposite
if i had to list the newjeans songs from in order of what i like most - least it would probably be
1. cookie
2. hurt
3. attention
4, hype boy
and you might be disgusted by the fact that cookie's first, but with the meanings and controversy aside, you can't tell me it's not a good song. the melody, and voices, the rap (ish), it's all there and i LOVE this song.
for hurt, i loved the song from first listen. it stuck out to me so much. if you knew about this, when the between 1&2 album came out for twice, everyone was saying how 'trouble' and 'queen of hearts' were the BEST songs, and my favorite songs, 'basics' and 'when we were kids' were kind of forgotten. of course, people love the basics b-side now, but for some reason, songs like this that are slightly left to the side stick out to me and i love them.
agree to disagree, attention was better than hype boy, which is why hype boy is last. the girl's powers, voices, dance, stage presence it's all amazing! their duality at their age is great and the energy of the song had me at the first few listens, but then it got boring. i slowly removed it from my anti-skips playlist and i don't listen to it that much anymore.

anyway, you can disagree with me, but listen to hurt a few more times. i promise you'll be hooked.

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
So these are two opinions that are sort of connected.

1. I think people over exaggerate the difficulty of learning the NCT members names, and get too distracted by the whole group number to realise something quite obvious. To make my point, allow me to create a list.

Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, Yuna, Gaeul, Yujin, Rei, Wonyoung, Liz, Leeseo, Solar, Moonbyul, Wheein, Hwasa, Sakura, Chaewon, Yunjin, Kazuha, Eunchae, Minyoung, Yuna, Yujeong, Eunji, Soyeon, Miyeon, Minnie, Yuqi, Shuhua

That’s 29 idols I can name and match the name to the picture. That’s more than the entire lineup than NCT. Now do I think you can actively STAN every member in the group? No. But when you consider that the NCT members are split into sub-units, if you treat each unit as their own group, it’s not that much different to just learning the lineups of 6 different groups. And all 6 of those groups were under 7 members. Coz I can name groups even bigger than that.

So that takes me onto point 2

I think everyone is also over exaggerating TripleS’s future. Because again, they will be split into sub-units FOR THE MOST PART. And so you once again can just treat them as multiple different groups that just so happen to share an umbrella name. They will be having full group comebacks which I agree are gonna be intense, but other than that I’m actually really excited to see what they get up to. I’m not keen on boy groups and I really don’t enjoy NCT’s music sorry for the dig, so I’m excited to get to experience a super group like this

LostInTheDream

🧚IᑎᗩᑕTIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
someone can full me up on triples? are they like a nct girl group version?
from my understanding:
tripleS is a girl group by the same original producer of Loona. So I'm pretty sure the concept is like that but no solos, and many more members. So yeah kinda like a female nct, but with smaller units. I'm also not sure how frequently units will make individual comebacks, or if it'll be like loona where they only make group ones.
So far they've debuted a 4 member subunit and another one of similar member size will be coming soon.

pomegranctezen

Kpop Stan
Website
pomegranctzen.carrd.co
Credits
Spinning Hearts
Dancing Duck
Moonbin
I really don't understand SM's garbage management, literally every single other scandal management was 10x better than theirs
and the cutting off members from the group because of a scandal is really annoying for me

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I feel like I may have spoken about this before but imma just say it again.

ITZY is just a kpop punching bag.
Like, okay maybe it’s because I’m an ITZY ult (?, Idek who i ult anymore) and so I see the hate they get more than other groups. But like.

Okay I know I didn’t like Sneakers nor the bsides on Checkmate. The main problem with Sneakers was the lyrics, I just hate the word Sneakers it’s such a personal thing LMAO. The bsides were just either bland or had weird instrumentals that weren’t for me. Checkmate is just not for me, and I will admit that.

But that’s one bad album out of seven in my eyes.
I actually started as an ITZY anti back in 2019. I was convinced they were going to STEAL MY GIRLS BLACKPINK’S AWARDS AND ACHIVEMENTS SO I COULD SIMPLY NOT SUPPORT THEM!!!! (Lmao help me). Anyways, wasn’t there during debut era so I can’t really say much about that.
But what I can say is that I can clearly recall ICY, Not Shy, Mafia and to an extent LOCO get hating on.
Furthermore, the problem with ITZY is they were one of the absolute first BIG girl groups to debut in 4th gen (behind IDLE and IZ*ONE), and the first big3. Now they’re not shiny and new anymore, they’ve “fallen off”. All these new groups can sInG bEttEr thAn ITZY, and theY dAnce bEttEr thAn ITZY.

Basically what I’m trying to say is a lot of kpop stans will never be happy with anything they do and so ITZY should just keep doing what they want. Though I do still think JYP flopped hard this year

aigoo_momo!

Kpop Groupie
Website
soundcloud.com
Credits
Pocahontas
Kuromi
Italy
Takanashi Kiara
me personally, i think 2020 was an amazing year for kpop in terms of music. i think this bc although ive been a kpop fan for years, 2020 was kinda the peak of my kpop obsession haha. so kpop songs from late 2019- early 2021 are super nostalgic for me and the debuts and comebacks from 2020 will always have a special place in my heart. i went through some really tough things in 2020 and kpop was like an escape ig
so what im tryna say is i LOVE 2020 kpop sm

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
I feel like I may have spoken about this before but imma just say it again.

ITZY is just a kpop punching bag.
Like, okay maybe it’s because I’m an ITZY ult (?, Idek who i ult anymore) and so I see the hate they get more than other groups. But like.

Okay I know I didn’t like Sneakers nor the bsides on Checkmate. The main problem with Sneakers was the lyrics, I just hate the word Sneakers it’s such a personal thing LMAO. The bsides were just either bland or had weird instrumentals that weren’t for me. Checkmate is just not for me, and I will admit that.

But that’s one bad album out of seven in my eyes.
I actually started as an ITZY anti back in 2019. I was convinced they were going to STEAL MY GIRLS BLACKPINK’S AWARDS AND ACHIVEMENTS SO I COULD SIMPLY NOT SUPPORT THEM!!!! (Lmao help me). Anyways, wasn’t there during debut era so I can’t really say much about that.
But what I can say is that I can clearly recall ICY, Not Shy, Mafia and to an extent LOCO get hating on.
Furthermore, the problem with ITZY is they were one of the absolute first BIG girl groups to debut in 4th gen (behind IDLE and IZ*ONE), and the first big3. Now they’re not shiny and new anymore, they’ve “fallen off”. All these new groups can sInG bEttEr thAn ITZY, and theY dAnce bEttEr thAn ITZY.

Basically what I’m trying to say is a lot of kpop stans will never be happy with anything they do and so ITZY should just keep doing what they want. Though I do still think JYP flopped hard this year
I half agree, I realize that itzy gets hated every single comeback like how was LOCO not EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
It was rlly good
I think they make pretty basic, listenable title tracks but not b-sides, I've rlly liked about two bsides and that's it. The others are okay. Compared to other groups, I def like a lot more b-sides from other groups than from itzy. I can't sit through an itzy bside without skipping. And I've met a lot of people that agree, but the girls are amazing and I'm in love with all of them. You might not agree but I'm just saying my opinion

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
I half agree, I realize that itzy gets hated every single comeback like how was LOCO not EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS
It was rlly good
I think they make pretty basic, listenable title tracks but not b-sides, I've rlly liked about two bsides and that's it. The others are okay. Compared to other groups, I def like a lot more b-sides from other groups than from itzy. I can't sit through an itzy bside without skipping. And I've met a lot of people that agree, but the girls are amazing and I'm in love with all of them. You might not agree but I'm just saying my opinion
Hm yeah, a personal disagree here. I really love so many of their bsides. Like goddamn THE GUESS WHO BSIDES <333. I could go on. But if that's your opinion that's okay. My main post was about their title tracks since most casual stans will only listen to the title tracks and promoted bsides.

Sneakers is easily argued to be cringy. But like, to me, there's nothing really wrong with Boys Like You. Sure it's not special but it's not TORTUROUS AWFUL MY EARS ARE BLEEDING. People keep saying they want old ITZY back, but they do have some bsides with similar vibes to BLY. Voltage isn't my personal favourite song but again, there's nothing obviously wrong with it. People just loveee to hate ITZY. I get if they're not people's style but like it's so overexaggurated with them