҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
also, idc what anyone says I will always be a emo beomgyu lover. When he grew out his hair, all I'd see on my twitter TL was how they missed boba gyu and how they wanted him to cut his hair. I was perfectly happy I loved emo beomgyu it was a god tier era

🎀♡RYU♡🎀

♡💭𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎💭♡
Staff member
Credits
✧ Atsushi Sakurai ✧
Kakucho
Imaushi Wakasa
Madarame Shion
also, idc what anyone says I will always be a emo beomgyu lover. When he grew out his hair, all I'd see on my twitter TL was how they missed boba guy and how they wanted him to cut his hair. I was perfectly happy I loved emo beomgyu it was a god tier era
Emo Beomgyu lives rent free in my mind still

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
itzy kinda flopped for my taste
in the morning was the first song that rlly got me having a bias and everything, but loco was one of the best songs they have released and no one can change my mind about that, so I slowly got more into them, but lately now that I think about it, I've never really liked b-sides from them, "shoot!" and "be in love" were the only b-sides I absolutely fell in love with. And for some people b-sides don't matter, but idk imo you have to have at least 2 good b-sides in one album. If I bought an album by itzy, it would be checkmate, but only because it looks pretty. I wouldn't even touch the CD, because I just barely liked sneakers, and the b-sides were very forgettable.
The only thing that's keeping itzy on my stan list is how much I love the members, the personalities, visuals, humor, dance, voice, and a couple of songs I rlly like. Also dalla dalla and wannabe are too overplayed for me now.
In conclusion, other 4th gen groups make WAY better music than itzy imo.

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
Ik the Garam case is even more dead than my skin cells, this is the best (short) video I have seen in her defense. And what a miracle it's on yt shorts, it's the combination of kpop twitter, reddit and tiktok 💀.
[The video is in an ironic tone]

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
This isn’t really an opinion, more of a fact ngl.

Idols who are close with members outside of their group are more likely to be genuinely friends than idols inside of a group.
Not saying two idols in a group won’t ever be friends with each other.
But like, idols in a group will go through so much shit, both together but also against each other. Their fans will always compare them, they might get overshadowed, and we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.
Being friends with an idol outside of the group or even company is entirely their choice though. I mean maybe the company asked them to but I feel that’s more unlikely.
Of course the friendships might vary in strength, but still, if the idol is going out of their way to talk to this person they’re more likely to genuinely like them, yknow?

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
This isn’t really an opinion, more of a fact ngl.

Idols who are close with members outside of their group are more likely to be genuinely friends than idols inside of a group.
Not saying two idols in a group won’t ever be friends with each other.
But like, idols in a group will go through so much shit, both together but also against each other. Their fans will always compare them, they might get overshadowed, and we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.
Being friends with an idol outside of the group or even company is entirely their choice though. I mean maybe the company asked them to but I feel that’s more unlikely.
Of course the friendships might vary in strength, but still, if the idol is going out of their way to talk to this person they’re more likely to genuinely like them, yknow?
hmm
I've never thought about it that wayy
good point!

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
. the outfits newjeans wore at "fact music awards" was "age appropiate", but it certainly not pretty. The outfits looked rlly ugly, you can make an outfit fit for a 14 year old that's not ugly, it's rlly not hard.
.whatever song bts or bp make will never fail success wise.
. itzy doesn't have a "no skip" album yet, i hope they do one day
. b-sides do matter! If you can make a quality song without a fancy mv and good choreo to back it up then YAY. imagine how bad sneakers would be without the MV or the choreo. It's just horrible imo
. and noise music is good.
. I don't get people who don't stan a group because of the fandom, is kpop rlly that deep? Are you that bored to on twitter all day seeing what other fellow "stay, army, blink"'s are doing. dang.
. a big3 company should make a co-ed group, it would do rlly well! I can already see it, sure they might be scandals but thats why they should debut in the big4 or 3! So the company can actually fight the scandal!
. why would you ship idols because they look alike??

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
. I don't get people who don't stan a group because of the fandom, is kpop rlly that deep? Are you that bored to on twitter all day seeing what other fellow "stay, army, blink"'s are doing. dang.

As someone who has lost interest in groups because of fandoms, it’s just something that naturally happens. It sucks coz it’s never the idols’ faults. But seeing these people insult and say the most vile things about other innocent people while using the faces of these idols to do so, eventually I just begin to have that association with the face and what’s being said. And then, it begins to lead me to just never want their groups to succeed because I don’t want these horrible people to get the satisfaction of being bullies and then getting what they want. I think if other people have the ability to ignore that, then it’s awesome, but for me sometimes that association is just too strong and I can’t get over it :)

But you’re right, kpop also isn’t that deep. Most of the time, if I have the ability to completely unstan a group because of their fandom, I wasn’t that in love with their music in the first place. It’s more of a last straw thing

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
As someone who has lost interest in groups because of fandoms, it’s just something that naturally happens. It sucks coz it’s never the idols’ faults. But seeing these people insult and say the most vile things about other innocent people while using the faces of these idols to do so, eventually I just begin to have that association with the face and what’s being said. And then, it begins to lead me to just never want their groups to succeed because I don’t want these horrible people to get the satisfaction of being bullies and then getting what they want. I think if other people have the ability to ignore that, then it’s awesome, but for me sometimes that association is just too strong and I can’t get over it :)

But you’re right, kpop also isn’t that deep. Most of the time, if I have the ability to completely unstan a group because of their fandom, I wasn’t that in love with their music in the first place. It’s more of a last straw thing
thats a good point, maybe I've never thought about that way because I often ignored all of the rude comments. I get your point.

yeoruwrts

Kpop Rookie
Credits
Unpopular opinion #1: JYP isn't one of the best companies out there. They've forced many idols to endure extremely unhealthy diets and have overworked their idols to the point of developing mental illnesses (i.e. Mina). They only care about the money they can make from their idols, and once they find that an idol group isn't profitable, they completely mismanage them and drop the ball in promotions (GOT7 for example or DAY6). However, they are the best out of the Big Three.

Unpopular opinion #2: Mullets are a big no from me. I have no clue how people find them attractive. Maybe it's because a lot of my family is from Kentucky, but mullets give major "I slept with my cousin" vibes.

Unpopular opinion #3: Girl group stans are just as problematic as boy group stans. They both hyper-sexualize their idols to the point some fan discords are literally disgusting to read. Girl group stans aren't better than boy group stans, and boy group stans aren't better than girl group stans.

Unpopular opinion #4: Girl groups are slept on more than boy groups. Boy groups have a certain marketability most girl groups don't, and as you see with most major companies, it comes to the root of how they are promoted. Girl groups get treated far worse than boy groups do by companies, case in point being how Pledis treated Pristin or how YG treats Blackpink.

Unpopular opinion #5: Blackpink's members were the only ones to debut from YG because of their money. All of the girls came from wealthy families, and there's evidence of how YG ensures that trainees whose families invested in the company got farther than those who didn't or those unable to. Jennie's family is the wealthiest of all the girls', and that's why she gets treated as YG's princess. Her family has shares in the company, so of course YG has to treat her better than the rest of them. It doesn't mean these girls aren't talented, but it shows how YG values money and visuals more than actual talent.
I agree with you on opinion 4

avi ☆

Band Manager
Website
avi-pink-valentine.carrd.co
Credits
Aurora
Pink Bear Plush
Pink Bear Plush
Fluffy White Bear
and you can disagree but i think skz is better w/o woojin
no, i’m not one of those people that just thinks everyone that left the group is better without them. i miss soojin and garam so much, but woojin, not really. looking back at old clips and videos, no one had a close connection with him. the closest it got was with seungmin, and well, duh they’re cousins. relatives in the kpop industry makes sense, but to be in the same group? ehh doesn’t settle right.
he’s also listed as ’main vocalist’? but me personally, i think seungmin fits right into the spot.

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
and you can disagree but i think skz is better w/o woojin
no, i’m not one of those people that just thinks everyone that left the group is better without them. i miss soojin and garam so much, but woojin, not really. looking back at old clips and videos, no one had a close connection with him. the closest it got was with seungmin, and well, duh they’re cousins. relatives in the kpop industry makes sense, but to be in the same group? ehh doesn’t settle right.
he’s also listed as ’main vocalist’? but me personally, i think seungmin fits right into the spot.
fully agree with you
it's not my place to say whether he has a good relationship with them or not, but looking on past vids, I never felt anything between them.
I also feel like relatives in the same group doesn't settle right with me either.