҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

I see that Im icy

Kpop Groupie
Website
chaebrina.carrd.co
Credits
Username Change
Seori
Iree
Karina
OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO RIGHT
uGHhHghGHHGHGH their new comeback photos and their freaking god tier personalities. i would fangirl them to death if they made feminist/empowerment songs about them, or life, or just ANYTHING about the strong women they are and how other women can follow
About the personalities, they slay being feminists. Soyeon is a confident woman, Shuhua is a justice seeker, and the rest are the combination of the two. I feel like tomboy was the closest aproach to the empowerment concept but it's more valuable to do it without involving a breakup with a man in the lyrics. It can even be about men, but more like how they are thought to unconciously have misogynist attitudes, that would be the best option IMO.
Like they slay being confident independent women so much

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
About the personalities, they slay being feminists. Soyeon is a confident woman, Shuhua is a justice seeker, and the rest are the combination of the two. I feel like tomboy was the closest aproach to the empowerment concept but it's more valuable to do it without involving a breakup with a man in the lyrics. It can even be about men, but more like how they are thought to unconciously have misogynist attitudes, that would be the best option IMO.

if they keep up with that concept, they would be my ult girl group, no doubt at all.

avi ☆

Band Manager
Website
avi-pink-valentine.carrd.co
Credits
Aurora
Pink Bear Plush
Pink Bear Plush
Fluffy White Bear
yk absolutely
soyeon's god tier feminist personality is leading up to something of hwasa's and i couldn't support it more

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Doom Du Doom > all previous p1harmony’s title tracks

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
ok listen I don’t even stan p1harmony
but doom du doom is an anti skip. I e had the song in my playlist for months and I’m not tired
Yea same I started listening to it a few days ago and I’m already loving it

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
“Crackhead” should be completely banned from all kpop Stans dictionary. A lot of people don’t realise or know how offensive this word is and it is so widely misused. Like no, “Crackhead” does NOT mean being chaotic/loud at all…(This probably doesn’t apply to just kpop Stans but also to locals/other non-kpop fans that also use the word).

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
My Opinion on Fearless by LE SSERAFIM
I love the song but I'm not sure about the MV
I do think the music video is quite boring I won’t lie. But at the same time both the mv and the song have a minimalist vibe to it and so I suppose they work together? I think the problem for me is the gym/practice room scenes? I don’t like those ones. I like all the others though they have a nice pallet and vibe to them. Yeah my relationship with the mv is complicated

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
eh idk, with all of the crazy editing and stuff like that, I felt like le sserafim's debut was a breath of fresh air, I wasn't in love with the color pallete, I feel like even a little more color would be better, if you ask me the color's I remember from the fearless mv right off the bat, i'll tell you black and white, and maybe some yellow at the ending firework thingie scene. Also I love crazy editing and stuff like that but like at that moment I was kinda sick of it, maybe thats why I personally liked the MV, but yeah, now that I think about it, it seems like it was kinda boring to watch.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
epex's whole debut album (b-sides only) slapped except for the title track

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
NMIXX has carried JYP this year.

Goddamn I’m really combining two unpopular opinions right now aren’t I?

2021 was an INCREDIBLE year for JYP. For TWICE, even though I will admit I only liked SOS from their Alcohol Free album, they released so many bops, like Perfect World, The Feels and then their FOL album had some amazing bsides it was out of this world, and it made me place TWICE in my top 4 groups. Stray Kids aren’t a group I listen to often, but their NOEASY album had some really good bsides and Thunderous is my favourite SKZ title track. And then ITZY… ah my lovely ITZY. Other than Wild Wild West every song they released last year was a success for me, and like they killed MAMA. They literally became my ults in 2021 they were unstoppable.

SO WHAT HAPPENED. I didn’t like either Maniac or SKZ’s new song. All the TWICE bsides are average at best aside from Queen of Hearts my girl is carrying that album on her back. And ITZY what hurts me the most. 10 songs this year and I’ve only liked 4. And “Liked” is a generous word to use. Spice is the only song I actually really like. BBB is also pretty good, it’s grown on me. Domino and Sneakers are the only tolerable songs on Checkmate.

But what about NMIXX? Well while everyone else is shitting all over their discography I am BOPPING. I was an O.O enjoyer from first listen, and DICE and Tank did grow on me. All 3 of them are on my favourites playlist. COOL is the only one that’s not but she is still a good song she is beautiful just not obsessed with her.

Maybe 2023 will be better again

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
I disagree with the fact that Twice is dying, I still think all of their b-sides really slap. They're actually really expanding into the western market /nay /nm

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
JYP is really killing their groups. Twice is dying. Itzy is getting less and less attention. Stray Kids....stray kids. Nmixx was a fail.
I agree, Twice has been losing GP interest since The Feels, Itzy are getting beaten out by bigger newer 4th gen ggs, Stray kids has never really been big in Korea outside of die-hard kpop stans, and JYPE set Nmixx up for failure. I hate to say it because I used to love skz, I still love twice, itz, and nmixx, but JYPE has really dropped the ball this year.