҉  Official Unpopular Kpop Opinions Thread ҉ 

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
Basically yeah. Whenever I hear people talk about Soyeon as an idol it’s to praise her solo work and her solo achievements. She’s an all rounder idol, she’s an amazing song writer and she’s so unique. I’m not a Neverland, and from what I can see she fits into the group well, but at the same time I can’t help but wonder why she’s in a group as I think she would be an extremely successful soloist
I do remember she was a trainee for a very long time. I saw her on Unpretty Rapstar once and they talked about it

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆
“Concepts” as a… concept are starting to become a bit pointless.

Like. Idk what it’s like for boy groups, but for girl groups there’s so many types of concept, yet also some songs that you just don’t know where to classify them.

There are some songs that just YES represent their concept, and then others that you’re like TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE. I think naming concepts are pointless at this point. The song is the song. Some concepts have almost no distinction. And then there are some people who name every aspect of the song as a concept. I’m sorry but sometimes I can’t tell where one concept begins and one ends.

There’s also some very popular concepts that don’t even have a well established name. Like I personally know GFRIEND’s concept as the innocent concept, but I saw people on YouTube calling it CHRISTIAN HORSEGIRL MUSIC. Like. WHAAAT.

So yes I take back my opinion on the teen crush concept. It doesn’t need a new name it just doesn’t need a name at all. Enjoy the music damnit. ENJOY IT

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
More idol groups should encourage their fans to spend the money (that they’re planning on using to buy gifts) to donate to charities instead.

(Thinking back to when blackpink encouraged their fans to use all the money to donate to charities instead of using them to buy them gifts 🥺💕 & I thought this was so sweet of them considering how much ppl out there are still suffering from certain events)

yunaing

Shin Yuna Lover 💞
Credits
Cabbit
Yuna
Light Ring
☆ ITZY - LOCO [Ver. C] ☆

Like. Idk what it’s like for boy groups, but for girl groups there’s so many types of concept, yet also some songs that you just don’t know where to classify them.

There are some songs that just YES represent their concept, and then others that you’re like TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE. I think naming concepts are pointless at this point. The song is the song. Some concepts have almost no distinction. And then there are some people who name every aspect of the song as a concept. I’m sorry but sometimes I can’t tell where one concept begins and one ends.

There’s also some very popular concepts that don’t even have a well established name. Like I personally know GFRIEND’s concept as the innocent concept, but I saw people on YouTube calling it CHRISTIAN HORSEGIRL MUSIC. Like. WHAAAT.

So yes I take back my opinion on the teen crush concept. It doesn’t need a new name it just doesn’t need a name at all. Enjoy the music damnit. ENJOY IT
ADDING ONTO THIS.

What even ARE concepts. Because kpop is such a wide, vast genre everyone sort of has their own things they classify as concepts?!
Like, when I think of a concept, I think of how the music sounds.
"Girl crush" tends to be either badass (like Crazy by 4Minute) or ig feminine (like No by CLC)
"Elegant" tends to sound quite flowery or magical (like La Vie en Rose by IZ*ONE or Eleven by IVE)
"Teen crush" is like kinda cute but kinda badass (like I Don't Like Your Girlfriend by Weki Meki)
and so on I could name so many concepts.

But then others call concepts what the actual music video consists of.
Like I was reading a thread of people who were talking about the quirky concept. And like, when I think quirky I think songs like Dumb Dumb and Rookie, Catallena or Hmph! right? Not exactly cute, but kinda cute, but mostly just weird and kinda obnoxious (in a good way). But then everyone was saying Copycat by Chobom is quirky?! Like, that song is what I consider elegant or sexy?! But coz the music video is a little wild people call it quirky? Concepts are stupid because of this like what are they. Concepts are a conspiracy made up by the government for mind control /j

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
A lot of people want to date their idols, which honestly I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so disgusting I want to puke. I don't mean wanting to hold their hand or hug them, I mean something further, Like a kiss or more than that. They're probably way older than you, and even if they aren't it's still weird. And you want to do this based of looks and maybe dancing. And if you say it's cus of their "personality". Your lying to yourself. Because you don't know that idol personally, you don't know their true personality. You only see them through a screen, or at a fansign, or a concert if you're more lucky. They could be faking that personality you love so much for all you know, (which I'm not saying all idols do). There is a difference between thinking an idol is good-looking, handsome, pretty and stunning, and wanting to do more than be their fan. That's my opinion. It's not that unpopular, I hope... but I see so many people saying, "OMG SO AND SO IS SO FINE I WANT KIDS WITH THEM". And it disgusts me to the core.

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari

Oh my gosh I've seen that Horsegirl video 😭

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
A lot of people want to date their idols, which honestly I don't know if it's just me, but I find it so disgusting I want to puke. I don't mean wanting to hold their hand or hug them, I mean something further, Like a kiss or more than that. They're probably way older than you, and even if they aren't it's still weird. And you want to do this based of looks and maybe dancing. And if you say it's cus of their "personality". Your lying to yourself. Because you don't know that idol personally, you don't know their true personality. You only see them through a screen, or at a fansign, or a concert if you're more lucky. They could be faking that personality you love so much for all you know, (which I'm not saying all idols do). There is a difference between thinking an idol is good-looking, handsome, pretty and stunning, and wanting to do more than be their fan. That's my opinion. It's not that unpopular, I hope... but I see so many people saying, "OMG SO AND SO IS SO FINE I WANT KIDS WITH THEM". And it disgusts me to the core.
That's so weird- I would literally just want a hug, like yes
hugs are the best

Horanghae !

ᵐⁱⁿᵍʰᵃᵒ ^
Credits
Korean Flag
Nachimbong
Sunoo
Idk if these are unpopular butttt
Girl groups have much higher standards than boy groups
People always talk about Blackpink's vocals, but what about Nmixx, Twice, and Aespa's vocal line?? They are one of the best in the industry rn.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
I will never understand the fact that especially the bg stan consider their faves to look “hot” or “sexy” when they’re fav shows that they’re angry. Like I could never and will never consider that hot at all. Like it’s so weird… If a female idol did the same thing she would’ve been bashed for being “rude”, “a bully”, “b/tchy” etc. everytime I see someone saying “omg (male idol’s name) looks so hot when he’s angry” I’m just like 🤨😐😑

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
Ok, so I decided to give o.o by nmixx a listen.
I have to admit i did fell for the hate train and even when I first heard a snippet of it last time, I also thought it sounded mediocre.
So when I gave the song a listen for the first time today, I knew again it was gonna sound exactly the way many ppl complained about - which is mostly the song structure which I agree. The huge transition after the chorus midway was definitely not it (but now I don’t really care much about it as I’m having it on repeat rn).
But again, as I gave it a few more listens I now think that it doesn’t sound that bad of a song overall, but at the same time - not necessarily my favorite.
In fact, what I really liked about it is the beginning + the first verse of the song - especially, I find the vocal parts after the rapping in the first verse, pretty catchy.

ignoring

😶
Staff member
iShop Manager
Editor
Author
Credits
I have to admit i did fell for the hate train and even when I first heard a snippet of it last time, I also thought it sounded mediocre.
So when I gave the song a listen for the first time today, I knew again it was gonna sound exactly the way many ppl complained about - which is mostly the song structure which I agree. The huge transition after the chorus midway was definitely not it (but now I don’t really care much about it as I’m having it on repeat rn).
But again, as I gave it a few more listens I now think that it doesn’t sound that bad of a song overall, but at the same time - not necessarily my favorite.
In fact, what I really liked about it is the beginning + the first verse of the song - especially, I find the vocal parts after the rapping in the first verse, pretty catchy.
also the da da da da da da da part in the first pre chorus I thought sounds pretty catchy too

pika_chuu

❤️WH0 CARES❤️
Author
Website
rxseglass.carrd.co
Credits
Sheep Plush
Leona Kingscholar
Undertaker
Denki Kaminari
It's because there's so many producers for it. The hit debut songs of Miss A, Wonder Girls, Twice, Itzy? All had at max three-four composers. O.O? Ten.

yawnzzn

Band Leader
Credits
CHERRY
My Melody
Kuromi
Pompompurin
Why SM sucks (Adding Mark back to NCT DREAM, Lee Sooman, uninteresting concepts, artists unified identity, Kwangya, f(x) exclusion)

I, in no way hate Mark or anything like that, I barely even care that much to dislike him. With that being said, I don't see the point of having that emotional goodbye and having such a sad moment that only helped NCT DREAM grow as a team, just to add him back? I don't get it. The members went through a lot and got much closer as 6 members they were figuring out their musical style and doing very well at it. Some of their music after him was their best (besides Hello Future, soty!) Their styles and voices have matured as well so they no longer go together as much as they used to when they were younger. Also, it's concerning for Mark's health. He had one less job to do but now it has even MORE to do (with the addition of SuperM). SM really didn't have to do that. I understand if he wanted to go back or something like that but I highly doubt Mark is in SM's office begging to have an even more packed schedule than he already does. SM's reliance on Mark has not been of benefit to anyone especially not Mark. Also, Sungchan or Shotaro would have been just fine for NCT DREAM. If they NEEDED 7 members one of them could have debuted in NCT DREAM. It would also add a newer more interesting dynamic for DREAM as a group and their musical style. DREAM doesn't feel like DREAM they feel like an extension of 127. Which is a trend that SM has really been in love with lately because most of NCT's subunits feel like that now. Even their other artists (except Red Velvet and SNSD). Don't Call Me by SHINEE, NCT song. Aespa started good then they released Savage which was good by very female ver. of nct, then doubled down on that with Girls. None of these songs are bad, but they strip these artists of their individual identity that most had before nct even debuted. All of this, is Lee Sooman's fault btw/j Kwangya was a terrible idea, nothing interesting has come out of it (no, not even Aespa's scary sims 2 avatars. Seriously, none of their AIs look like them?? Go CC shopping please?? Fans are making better more realistic sims for free?? BUY THEM!!/hj) SM's now unified identity in terms of music, has not helped any of the image of SM at all. Kpop already had a bad rep due to new kpop stans and their weird sexism and deciding to bully the cute concept out of kpop in favor of the now exhausted girl crush and bad@ass concepts (cute concepts are what SM excels at and allowed SM their biggest hits, everyone say thank you to Girl's Generation!) Now they are trying too hard to be different while pushing away the only that have genuinely unique concepts and songs to the back (Shinee, Red Velvet, f(x), any NCT unit besides 127). They are forgetting the original blueprint of the company it's frustrating because I am sitting here loving SM's artists, watching as SM single-handedly ruin f(x), ignore Red Velvet, turn Shinee into 127 with a super junior wig, and watching my favorite nct units (wayv and dream) get turned into 127 and nct u. Oh, it's terrible for me. No one wants to put their NCT 127 Touch pants on anymore. everyone wants to release Kick It the re-up. Kick It is good, but what does that have to do with Shinee?? There's NOTHING wrong with changing concepts but changing the sound that I loved Shinee so much for? What happened to being Married to the funky, fun, upbeat, catchy, and retro Music?? SM is pushing Red Velvet, the most potential to break out in the American market, away in favor of Aespa which the American GPA doesn't care about. In Korea, maybe Aespa's concept in unique and interesting. But in America, there's so many concepts like Aespa's and so many weird AI "celebrities" chasing for their break out moment that no one really cares about Aespa's outdated sims.

In conclusion, promote Red Velvet, fix the music and concepts, delete any file mentioning Kwangya/j, let Aespa actually show what they have because they have great potential to break out in the U.S. just not with songs like Life's Too Short/srs, we already have Olivia Rodrigo for that (she will get my lashings next I have words for her/j) And lastly, fund GWSN's next comeback but DO NOT step not even a TOE into their recording studio, styling room, teaser photoshoot, concept design, or even set design. STAY AWAY!/j

chaechae.core

Band Manager
Website
mintchocochaechae.carrd.co
Credits
Growing Heart
Chaeyoung
Felix
Chaewon
Why SM sucks (Adding Mark back to NCT DREAM, Lee Sooman, uninteresting concepts, artists unified identity, Kwangya, f(x) exclusion)

I, in no way hate Mark or anything like that, I barely even care that much to dislike him. With that being said, I don't see the point of having that emotional goodbye and having such a sad moment that only helped NCT DREAM grow as a team, just to add him back? I don't get it. The members went through a lot and got much closer as 6 members they were figuring out their musical style and doing very well at it. Some of their music after him was their best (besides Hello Future, soty!) Their styles and voices have matured as well so they no longer go together as much as they used to when they were younger. Also, it's concerning for Mark's health. He had one less job to do but now it has even MORE to do (with the addition of SuperM). SM really didn't have to do that. I understand if he wanted to go back or something like that but I highly doubt Mark is in SM's office begging to have an even more packed schedule than he already does. SM's reliance on Mark has not been of benefit to anyone especially not Mark. Also, Sungchan or Shotaro would have been just fine for NCT DREAM. If they NEEDED 7 members one of them could have debuted in NCT DREAM. It would also add a newer more interesting dynamic for DREAM as a group and their musical style. DREAM doesn't feel like DREAM they feel like an extension of 127. Which is a trend that SM has really been in love with lately because most of NCT's subunits feel like that now. Even their other artists (except Red Velvet and SNSD). Don't Call Me by SHINEE, NCT song. Aespa started good then they released Savage which was good by very female ver. of nct, then doubled down on that with Girls. None of these songs are bad, but they strip these artists of their individual identity that most had before nct even debuted. All of this, is Lee Sooman's fault btw/j Kwangya was a terrible idea, nothing interesting has come out of it (no, not even Aespa's scary sims 2 avatars. Seriously, none of their AIs look like them?? Go CC shopping please?? Fans are making better more realistic sims for free?? BUY THEM!!/hj) SM's now unified identity in terms of music, has not helped any of the image of SM at all. Kpop already had a bad rep due to new kpop stans and their weird sexism and deciding to bully the cute concept out of kpop in favor of the now exhausted girl crush and bad@ass concepts (cute concepts are what SM excels at and allowed SM their biggest hits, everyone say thank you to Girl's Generation!) Now they are trying too hard to be different while pushing away the only that have genuinely unique concepts and songs to the back (Shinee, Red Velvet, f(x), any NCT unit besides 127). They are forgetting the original blueprint of the company it's frustrating because I am sitting here loving SM's artists, watching as SM single-handedly ruin f(x), ignore Red Velvet, turn Shinee into 127 with a super junior wig, and watching my favorite nct units (wayv and dream) get turned into 127 and nct u. Oh, it's terrible for me. No one wants to put their NCT 127 Touch pants on anymore. everyone wants to release Kick It the re-up. Kick It is good, but what does that have to do with Shinee?? There's NOTHING wrong with changing concepts but changing the sound that I loved Shinee so much for? What happened to being Married to the funky, fun, upbeat, catchy, and retro Music?? SM is pushing Red Velvet, the most potential to break out in the American market, away in favor of Aespa which the American GPA doesn't care about. In Korea, maybe Aespa's concept in unique and interesting. But in America, there's so many concepts like Aespa's and so many weird AI "celebrities" chasing for their break out moment that no one really cares about Aespa's outdated sims.

In conclusion, promote Red Velvet, fix the music and concepts, delete any file mentioning Kwangya/j, let Aespa actually show what they have because they have great potential to break out in the U.S. just not with songs like Life's Too Short/srs, we already have Olivia Rodrigo for that (she will get my lashings next I have words for her/j) And lastly, fund GWSN's next comeback but DO NOT step not even a TOE into their recording studio, styling room, teaser photoshoot, concept design, or even set design. STAY AWAY!/j

I agree with you so much about this, they really are overworking Mark, I'm not even an NCT stan in any way, but considering how m

avi ☆

Band Manager
Website
avi-pink-valentine.carrd.co
Credits
Aurora
Pink Bear Plush
Pink Bear Plush
Fluffy White Bear
ok listen i have a short little opinion and you can disagree with me on this but,
mina is one of the best vocalists in twice, maybe even the best TO ME!
listen, screw all the people who think jihyo is bad at her main vocalist position. her duality IS THROUGH THE ROOF she is absolutely our ace no freaking doubt, prove me wrong, and oh my god nayeon and jeongyeon do so good; but listen. mina being sub vocalist is so freaking unfair. i don't know if you've heard her.
Obviously, the 3 in the vocal line have spectacular duality, but listen to mina. her bridges. every time she sings sends me to heaven and back. i love her voice and to me, she's the best vocalist in twice in terms of how underrated she is. her vocals might not be as powerful as jihyo's, or she might not be able to hold a high note as high as nayeon or jeongyeon, but she's not sub vocal level, she's so much more than that.