"Back Door" By Stray Kids Honored by TIME Magazine

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

LostInTheDream

🧚Iα‘Žα—©α‘•TIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
everafterentertainment.carrd.co
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
TIME Magazine recently released a list of their picks of the Top 10 Songs of 2020.
And they just so happened to rank Stray Kid's "Back Door" as #8!!!
Other entries on the list include "WAP" by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion, "Yo Perreo Sola (Remix)" by Bad Bunny, Nesi, and Ivy Queen, "LITTLE NOKIA" by Bree Runway, "Good News" by Mac Miller, and more!

This is a huge accomplishment for Stray Kids! Any magazine putting them in a top 10 is amazing, but TIME Magazine?! That is one of the most famous and respected magazines in the entire world!

I'm so so so proud of the boys! They are finally getting the recognition they deserve with this SOTY. A kind of recognition that Mnet thinks they don't deserve.
Like how the hell did they get this huge recognition, but not a single nomination.
And no other kpop song made the list either!!

Congratulations to these amazing 8 boys! They deserve the world!!

Stan Stray Kids, Stan Back Door

YAASSSSSSSSS I'M SO PROUD OF THESE BOISSSS

What was that abt Mnet not thinking they deserved to be at the Top10? Was that smth I missed? :unsure: ngl tho, I miss everything bc I'm not allowed social media, so I basically live under a rock 🀑

BTS paved the way, congratulations to SKZ
Oh OK geez LMAO :ROFLMAO:
Hi. You seem to not understand why @Lost_in_the_Dream told you to not involve BTS and to just be happy for SKZ, so let me tell you why.

Sure, the majority of people do have the opinion that BTS paved the way to allowing K-pop to become a popular music genre worldwide, but this is just something to keep in the back of your mind at most. To say this during the celebration of a milestone of a smaller, lesser-known group is basically the same thing as saying "they couldn't have done that if it weren't for BTS", which gets annoying pretty damn quickly. It's bad enough that American interviewers constantly bring up BTS to other K-pop groups, but we don't need people who have freshly become ARMYs to rub it in even further. Even if it's true that you didn't mean it, you said it for a reason in the first place. You might have not meant any harm by it, but just know for next time so that you know why people are getting mad at you for saying that.

Hope this helped, and please have a great rest of your day. :)

LostInTheDream

🧚Iα‘Žα—©α‘•TIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong
Hi. You seem to not understand why @Lost_in_the_Dream told you to not involve BTS and to just be happy for SKZ, so let me tell you why.

Sure, the majority of people do have the opinion that BTS paved the way to allowing K-pop to become a popular music genre worldwide, but this is just something to keep in the back of your mind at most. To say this during the celebration of a milestone of a smaller, lesser-known group is basically the same thing as saying "they couldn't have done that if it weren't for BTS", which gets annoying pretty damn quickly. It's bad enough that American interviewers constantly bring up BTS to other K-pop groups, but we don't need people who have freshly become ARMYs to rub it in even further. Even if it's true that you didn't mean it, you said it for a reason in the first place. You might have not meant any harm by it, but just know for next time so that you know why people are getting mad at you for saying that.

thank you πŸ’œπŸ’œ

GmanB365

Band Manager
Credits
Festive Cookies
Saotome
EJ
Proof

Thank you, I understand now <3

Thank you, I understand now <3
I'm glad I can help! As an ARMY myself, I wanna make sure that we're all being as respectful as possible ☺

Mikasa Ackerman

πŸ•ŠοΈπŸ§£πŸš
Staff member
Editor
Author
Website
www.instagram.com
Credits
✧ Reki Kyan ✧
✧ Attack on Titan ✧
Vernon
Wonwoo

I appreciate these words! ❀❀❀

lynch.

NOT EVEN GHOSTS ARE THIS EMPTY
Credits
User Title Change
User Title Change
✧ Emo Spongebob ✧
Username Change
Why did you have to involve BTS....
Just be happy for Stray Kids please
i think what they mean is,
since BTS made K-pop so huge in the U.S. that allowed other groups to be recognized as well,
alos, congrats to Stray Kids <3

LostInTheDream

🧚Iα‘Žα—©α‘•TIᐯE🧚
Author
Website
Credits
Chaewon
IU
Alice
Kim Man Bong

@SmolBeanAsh I will redirect you back to what @_YourAverageFanboy_ said above

Also, BTS has had a huge impact on kpop spreading to the west. But in moments like this we should appreciate and celebrate the group that gained the achievement. It's like if you were to graduate college and your parents say 'well you wouldn't be able to graduate if we had never given birth to you'. Yes it is technically correct, but it is something that does not need to be said.